Your least fave film camera of days gone by

my least fave would minolta 700si a bit clunky and did not like that card expansion slot

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 15 16.3k United Kingdom
1 Aug 2018 7:37PM
Rolleiflex SL35 Series (the Singapore made ones), excellent lenses but keep breaking down.......................
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 598 England
1 Aug 2018 8:23PM
Any Zenit Iknow it's all down to the opertor but these were awful lumps of metal, never owned one but used the one in the school's darkroom.

I know what you mean about the Minota, and the same can be said for the Canon EOS 10 ( or was it the 100) that had a book full of barcodes you scanned in to achieve a particular set of preprogrammed settings. Both appealed to the nerds and equipment geeks rather than anyone interesting in taking good pictures and the subject would have gone before you were ready.

People buying a camera because the 50 mm f/1.8 lens was a good performer and then only having 6x4 enprints done from the lowest price supplier. Oh, and then buying something like a Paragon, Soligor or even Hanimex lens to use on the camera (other budget makes were available).
Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
2 Aug 2018 12:08AM

Quote:People buying a camera because the 50 mm f/1.8 lens was a good performer

Pretty much all camera`s came with a 50mm in the kit, most were pretty good but they were also pretty cheap to produce.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
2 Aug 2018 6:37AM
That is not an easy question to answer.

Not sure I have a least favourite.

Perhaps my latest camera, Sony's A99II, whilst giving the best results in terms of image quality & consistency in results has too many options that one can spend too much time thinking about & checking settings etc. whereas the Bronica ETRS(i) was so simple to use.
pink Plus
16 6.1k 7 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2018 7:11AM
Praktica B200, their attempt at a modern design that I hated, was soon sold and replaced by a Minolta X300 and then an X700 which was superb (still have it)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.