Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Your most embarrasing moment.

altitude50 15 18.3k United Kingdom
16 May 2020 3:45PM
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but what was your most embarrasing moment?
Not just mildly embarrasing like leaving some buttons or a zip undone, but really, really embarassing, excruciating and completely unforgettable.
This is mine, and it was not my fault.

I went into a shop and the lady friend of X (let us call him John) was serving, I didn't know her very well but John worked at the same place as me (he was known to have several friends).
She said ' Isn't it exciting, I'm having 'John's' baby!'

When I went into work the same day I saw 'John' and some other workmates chatting. I started congratulating him and making a joke about it.
Then it hit me, she hadn't told him.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
16 May 2020 4:08PM
I was 17 or 18, in a pub with a group of friends. Mixed ages. There was a middle-aged man who was obviously a friend of one of the group. Hadn't seen him before. Let's call him 'Ken'. I was playing the one-armed bandit and it wasn't paying out a single penny. Frustrated, I muttered something about the f***ing machine must be Jewish. I was unaware of 'Ken' standing right behind me, following my progress... yes, you guessed it, he was a Jew, and didn't he let me know in no uncertain terms what he thought of my comments. It was the most uncomfortable time of my life, and he didn't mind who heard what he had to say to me...Blush

That taught me a very embarrassing lesson...
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.2k 2 United Kingdom
16 May 2020 6:20PM
In my formative youth, and with my parents away, the was opportunity for my then girlfriend and I.

I learned not to undress on the way to the bedroom, you never know who Mam has left a spare key with.... Blush
26 May 2020 2:50PM
This beats all which has been posted above - In a restaurant with a girlfriend,[many,
many years ago] ordering the courses, and the waiter asked, "**** a'leekie soup ?" I could have crawled under the table and out the door when she replied, "I'll have the leek soup. I am having the other later."BlushSad
This tale(?) is true, I was that Geordie. !Grin Whether you lot believe me or not, it is up to you. BUT even in the middle of the night, when having nightmares, the first memory is always that.Grin
Life can be hard, miserable, and embarrassing Oop Norf.GrinSmile
SlowSong Plus
11 8.9k 30 England
26 May 2020 3:22PM

Quote:"**** a'leekie soup ?" I could have crawled under the table and out the door when she replied, "I'll have the leek soup. I am having the other later."

Not that old chestnut! If this is an example of your raconteur skills, I'd hate to be stuck in a pub with you all evening. No offence. Smile Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.