Your Videos

zimen 7 4 Poland
15 Nov 2015 7:58PM
In The Valley of Barycz River

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
15 Nov 2015 8:47PM
Superb visuals guys.

Let's see some more, the more the merrier.

Here's a video that shows how to do links and video embeds on ePHOTOzine.

How to embed video and make links on ePHOTOzine

Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
15 Nov 2015 9:54PM
Nothing more to upload as yet, instead I`ve been looking at what others are doing with pretty basic camera kit.

I liked this one Smile

25 Nov 2015 4:56PM
You can probably guess which year this was taken, and yes, at the start she has left her hand brake firmly on

Shiney Row

26 Nov 2015 12:43AM
2009 Smile
26 Nov 2015 10:56AM
Just one year out Smile It was 2010 and pretty much the only video I shot with my 5D Mk II. The files have been lying around for years and only this week did I get around to editing them.
27 Nov 2015 9:22PM
I could have sworn it was 2009 Smile

These older files are defiantly worth keeping, even if you don`t think much of them at the time.
28 Nov 2015 4:25AM
Shot on my 5D2, I hated it for video, no EVF, clunky controls, shot very little with it. The mov files were a pig to edit so they stayed on an old hard drive all that time.

The edited version you see above has been uploaded to a local heritage nostalgia site on Facebook and the locals appreciate it. A lot of stuff definitely becomes more interesting with age, and like you say, worth keeping the files.

You starting to get the bug to do a bit more video?
28 Nov 2015 8:44PM

Quote:Shot on my 5D2, I hated it for video, no EVF, clunky controls, shot very little with it. The mov files were a pig to edit so they stayed on an old hard drive all that time.

The edited version you see above has been uploaded to a local heritage nostalgia site on Facebook and the locals appreciate it. A lot of stuff definitely becomes more interesting with age, and like you say, worth keeping the files.

You starting to get the bug to do a bit more video?

Yes I am getting the bug and it could quite easily get expensive Smile

For now I`m just going to see what I can get out of the GF2, I`m already running into some situations were I could do with a little more control, its fun though Smile

http://www.eoshd.com/2012/02/hacked-gf2-the-300-digital-cinema-camera/

I`ve also had a play using the colorchecker, it works very well at matching footage from different camera`s, that was a plus.
KevSB 15 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2015 8:33AM
I tried it with my 5dmk for a while, but once you add all the bits I needed , like Rigs, focus pullers and many other bits it came to 500, quid. in the environment I moved far too bulky and impractical, in the end I bought a cannon xf 100, uses compact flash cards so no extra expense. and auto focus built in which made it so more adaptable for my needs.
Site for example of camera , not who I purchased from.

Same cost as a very good lens on my 5dmk2 , Light and versatile. it also means I can carry both with me without the need to spend time changing the modes or rig out.
29 Nov 2015 12:14PM
Meant to say Paul the one in your link is an excellent example of the trend to use Orange and Teal colours. Almost everything in it has either orange or teal tint. Wait til you start noticing it in other stuff you see, it gets to the point where you see it every day in something.
29 Nov 2015 8:56PM
Yeh its pretty much in everything, some of the heaviest grading coloration I have ever seen has to be in the 300, its done to the extent its almost cartoonist in appearance although I know it also includes lots of effects.

I`ve started looking at tv in another light, the last kingdom, the walking dead etc Smile

29 Nov 2015 9:15PM
Yes I bet you have, I have too. I always appreciated the cinematography in things like Top Gear, I started to notice the colourists at work with a deft touch in things like Broadchurch and the first series of Top Boy - The Peter Kay sitcom set in the seventies has some excellent grading with a great retro palette.

29 Nov 2015 10:12PM
I`ve spent this afternoon seeing what a colorchecker can do, since I already have one I may as well use it.

I needed to follow a few tutorials to get past the basics and the more I see the more I like.

Before I could not work out how to apply a setting in one clip to another, it all looks pretty simple now Smile

30 Nov 2015 12:31AM
Yes it's quite good fun too when you start to get good results. I'm not sure what profiles you can set on your camera for shooting video but if you can reduce the saturation to -2 or even lower, reduce sharpness, have very flat contrast and white balance as accurate as you possibly can then your footage can be pushed much further in grading.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.