Z7

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Getting personal

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
4 Oct 2018 6:39PM
Please keep this polite and not get personal!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
5 Oct 2018 8:41AM

Quote:

Perhaps

"Perhaps" is relevant as I do no longer post large file size pictures at this site.

I post plenty of pictures on other sites with controlled access - with audiences of photographers who have usually already assessed results made available by pro photographers using pre final production cameras.

How well one can judge detailed quality from an 8 bit jpeg on an average laptop is another topic - but in my experience not very well.

In large newsagents in the UK you can buy issue 90 of N Photo, presuming not sold out.

In it there are technical results comparing the D850, Z7 and Sony AR7III.

On resolution the 3 cameras tested as equal to 400 ISO. Beyond that the Sony trailed due to a moire effect on the RAW results. The Nikons were too close to call except at 25600.

For signal to noise the Z7 performed a little better than the D850 (perhaps due to Expeed 6) with the Sony being a little ahead of either Nikon.

For dynamic range the differences between the 3 cameras is described as "pretty minute" tough out the ISO range.
Leif 14 777
5 Oct 2018 10:21AM

Quote:Please keep this polite and not get personal!

Shepherd has told me that I talk drivel and that I lack technical knowledge. I was hoping for evidence for his claims, which I do not accept, rather than personal insults, but I don't think that will be forthcoming. There are better things to do.
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
5 Oct 2018 3:08PM

Quote:
Quote:Please keep this polite and not get personal!

Shepherd has told me that I talk drivel and that I lack technical knowledge. I was hoping for evidence for his claims, which I do not accept, rather than personal insults, but I don't think that will be forthcoming. There are better things to do.

What I am being accused of is untrue.

I have done no more than refer to widely available sources, plus a specific advanced level test report.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
5 Oct 2018 7:01PM
Probably a good idea to lock this topic as it is just going round in circles ?
Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
5 Oct 2018 7:13PM
I've been thinking that Len might just be having us on about having a Z7 but I did wonder how Len was going to get out of posting some pictures

Quote:How well one can judge detailed quality from an 8 bit jpeg on an average laptop is another topic
Ah so you can only post to sites that somehow work with 16 bit jpegs and only allow users with above average laptops. Also sources for your claims are widely available but you are unable to link to them. Can you understand why some people think you aren't credible?