Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Zenfolio

johnmac 7 120
12 Sep 2017 9:34AM
HI

I recently subscribed to Zenfolio, it's a good website and their customer service are very helpful. During trailing it and publish it when I do a google search I notice not just my main site is found but my website pages can be seen i.e. about, contact and galleries. Zenfolio suggest to make them all private so the URL can't be found when searching the web but that will hide my home page as well. I find that this defeats any reason for having a website if people can't search for you or your website. They sent me a link to request the URLs' removed but that hasn't worked.
Anyone had the same problem?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L Plus
3 4.2k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2017 11:26AM
Google will remove a site from their index but you have to prove to Google that you own that site (otherwise rival firms would remove one another's sites).

You can ask search engine robots not to crawl certain pages, these are specced in a robots.txt file which you place in the top level folder of your website.

Some changes may take weeks to show.
Fma7 2 791 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2017 9:56PM
You can use noindex tags
Chris_L Plus
3 4.2k United Kingdom
15 Sep 2017 10:18PM
Yes that's a much better way to do it.

I am some what puzzled as to why you don't want Google to display the links, such as galleries and contact, that it does? They'd only be a click away if they are listing your website anyway?
johnmac 7 120
15 Sep 2017 10:38PM
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. Chris_L I suppose your right but it started to look messy it started to have too many links

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.