Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Zoom lens

pink Plus
16 6.2k 7 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2019 7:53AM
Another vote here for the new 100-400, it has rendered my 70-200 obsolete, I just love the versatility of the 100-400 and the image quality is superb.
Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Sep 2019 11:25AM
I must admit I would like a 100-400 however after looking at the exif data I think I would have most things covered going for a 24-105L and a 70-300L. If I find that I NEED the extra reach I know what I will have to buy Smile
Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2019 12:37PM
Dave, I thought you were interested in image quality. You will be compromising that.

I used to walk around with a 24-105 glued to my 5D.

Thinking back, there wasn't much point me having a camera that allowed me to change lenses.

The lens Keith recommended is a bargain. Look at Keith's portfolio, he knows what he is talking about. Read the reviews at the bottom of the page , all 5 star, all gushing about the quality.

Don't get a mediocre lens, get a great lens. Send for it, if you think the quality isn't up to scratch then return it for that reason under DSR.
peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2019 4:28PM
Although I don't use Canon myself I have friends who do and use the latest Canon 100-400; I doubt that you would be disappointed with the lens even with a Canon x1.4 teleconverter attached; good luck with your choice.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.