Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Zoom question

BrianSS 13 408 40 England
8 Sep 2020 10:36AM
Can somebody please tell me - step by step - how to bring an image from a folder on my PC into a Zoom meeting for me to comment on.
I assume the meeting host will first have to give me permission to "Share screen". After that I'm not sure what to do. As far as I know I have to have an image open before I can share screen, so how do I open the image during a Zoom meeting . . . . . hope I have explained this question clearly!
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
8 Sep 2020 11:37AM
I believe that you need to open the image on your screen then when the host allows you to "share screen" it should be visible to everyone. Recently my wife needed to do this so we set up our own Zoom meeting and she was able to practice with me.

Dave
8 Sep 2020 12:02PM
Thanks Dave, but how can I open the image on my screen when I'm still in Zoom . . . . with Zoom filling the screen how do I access the image on my PC?. Sorry if I sound ignorant Blush
8 Sep 2020 12:03PM
Is it similar to a webinar when the presenter shows his screen and talks to his audience, so that you're not actually using the camera on your computer?
8 Sep 2020 12:05PM
Tianshi_angi . . . . probably, but I know nothing about webinar.
8 Sep 2020 12:23PM
There should be a button in your zoom application to ‘share screen’ click this and you should get a pop up ‘select desktop’ then another window should appear asking you to share your whole screen, select the screen you want to show then select share at the bottom- you should then be able to open items to show. When you want to stop sharing press the ‘stop share’ at the top of the screen.
8 Sep 2020 12:38PM
Thanks I'll try that. I was under the impression that you had to have the image open THEN select screen share . . . but I'll give that a go at the next Zoom meeting.
8 Sep 2020 1:13PM
Try Googling the question Brian there is sure to be a YouTube video on the subject.
8 Sep 2020 1:31PM
I've tried that several times but as yet I haven't found one that actually answers my question !
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
8 Sep 2020 2:54PM
As far as I remember just open the image in whatever software you would normally view in full screen then minimise that window to the task bar. Run Zoom and when you reach the point you need to display it minimise Zoom for a moment then maximise you image window. You should be able to maximise Zoom again and share screen. I believe an alternative if you have not maximised your image window, when you share screen, you will be offered a selection so just select the app that is showing your image. Best of Luck.

Dave
8 Sep 2020 3:57PM
Thanks Dave . . . . . I think it was the fact that I wasn't minimising Zoom so I could access the images Grin!
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2020 9:55AM

Quote:Thanks Dave . . . . . I think it was the fact that I wasn't minimising Zoom so I could access the images Grin!

You don't need to minimise the Zoom window, you could just turn off full screen. Or hit the Windows button on your keyboard to bring up your taskbar and use it to start another app or open up file explorer.

You can always start your apps before running Zoom. Also, you can share an app rather than your full screen, which (if you're sharing a powerpoint for example) will allow the sound from your app to be shared as well.

As our camera club, whoever is sharing the images tends to load them into a new Lightroom catalogue, then display them in LR on the second monitor.
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2020 9:58AM
(apologies to Dave for repeating half of what he said, as I didn't read his reply fully Smile )
9 Sep 2020 10:23AM
Thanks Bri, next club meeting I'll try out all comments Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.