Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Venue: Brindleyplace & canals
Meeting Place: Costa Coffee, Central Square
Details: 1.5 mile (approx) walk taking in Brindleyplace, followed by a circuit of the canals from NIA to Mailbox, stopping off at the ICC along with way and back to Brindleyplace.
1. Meet outside Costa Coffee in Central Square at 10.00 (gathering from 9.30am if anyone fancies a coffee before we start).
2. Tour Brindleyplace, starting in Central Square, then walking to Oozzell Square (where the Ikon Gallery is).
3. Walk back through Central Square and onto the canals via Brunswick Arcade (Bannatyne's Health Club).
4. Walk past the NIA and cross the canal by the Malt Shovel.
5. Continue on the canal down towards Gas Street Basin, stopping off at the ICC.
6. Go into the ICC (we can take pictures inside but on the ground level only - I checked with Security).
7. Back out onto the canal, down to Gas Street Basin.
8. Cross the canal and walk to the junction by the Mailbox.
9. Head back towards the NIA, taking in The Waters Edge area.
10. Walk back round to Bannatyne's and into Brindleyplace via Brunswick Arcade.
I have a route map but couldn't post it. I estimate it will take 2 to 2 1/2 hours allowing for plenty of stops.
Started By: sidaorb
Established: 24 Feb 2008 - 11:07 PM