Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

fairground video

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

AlexandraSD 8 762 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2016 7:43PM
Been working on this project for just over a week now, completed it today, really pleased with the way it turned out Smile

This video took one week to make,
with over 32gb of video footage, over 6
hours in total, and has been edited more
times than i care to remember,
but the end result was worth it, even
more so with the added footage of being
on that crazy fairground ride.

All video footage was captured on the
Tec.Bean EX5000 action-camera.

All images taken on my Fuji X-A2,
with Fuji 35mm F2 R WR,
Samyang 8mm 2.8 UMC Fisheye II,
Fuji Super EBC 16-50mm OIS II.

Music by Krewella - Come And Get It
(Razihel Remix)

Slideshow music remixed by myself, as
as well as all images and video.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Mar 2016 9:51PM
Well I liked it Alex...wasn't too sure about the camera in the foreground, which came and went, but it's a neat idea that finally started to work for me, you caught the music right with some of the frenetic action...and the slowdown to some great stills at the end was well considered..

Well done...!

Not being a video/production etc.. critic of any kind ... I could be wrong....but I hope not..Wink
(I've never been terribly impressed with "professional critics" anyway..they live in another dimension....Wink ).

13 Mar 2016 10:56PM
Kevin, the video began life as a boring old walky talky, taking photos along the way thing, but the first few nights were dead, and after speeding the footage up, and speeding it up some more, i had a change of plan, found some free music and went berserk with the editing. I still might do some street photography like this, but at normal speed and without music, camera's eye view Smile
Chris_L 5 5.3k United Kingdom
14 Mar 2016 12:15AM
Really good, I liked the camera in the foreground even though I was puzzled at first. So worth getting your music first then cutting to go with it, it gives you a structure to fit to. Most of us don't have the luxury of someone scoring our movies, writing music for matching the pictures.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
14 Mar 2016 10:20AM
Wow, what a fantastic ride, Lexi. Because of the camera in the foreground I felt as if I was right there with you. Brilliant timing to the music. Smile
14 Mar 2016 2:30PM
Swap the camera for an ak47 and it could be call of duty (its a puter game apparently lol) i just thought it would be a unique perspective on youtube photography videos, first person shooter style, the 170 degree lens on that tec.bean is wide enough too, i also have a knock off SJCAM, the SJ4000, but its so crap, 3mp, so much dirt and crud in the video, and only 720p video, oh and a 90 degree field of view, thats now my rear car-cam. I will be doing a lot like this though, without the music and snappy editing however!
steve_kershaw 14 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
14 Mar 2016 2:39PM
The music was spot on Smile
Wasn't sure about the camera in the foreground, I am presuming it was to make you feel more in the action, not sure it did this for me, although I didn't think it spoiled it Wink
You need to be a bit more ruthless in the editing and try to get it down to a max of 3 minuets, unless there is a story being told through the video or commentary then people loose attention after about 2 mins, 3 max,
Really liked the action portrayed through the editing, I can see you have put a lot of work into it, defiantly worth the effort,
What did you use for the editing?
14 Mar 2016 8:02PM
I am not keen on the music myself, but it fits well, apparently that sound is dubstep now, sounds completely different to the dubstep i listened to in the early 2000s, but im not hating on it, as dubstep goes this is one of the better tracks doing the rounds i think.
I use premier elements 10 i think, 10 or 11? never felt the need to upgrade, and im still geting to grips with it all never really had the time or patience to learn it all inside out yet but its slowly coming to me Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.