Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fuji X10 group

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.9k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 5:54PM
Just been and had a look Chris, and left a comment.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
26 Apr 2013 6:08PM
I've just deleted the SilkyPix stuff and don't have Capture so I'll try and work it out with ACR unless I get totally twonked with it. Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better. I can't see how you can process RAW files in camera - I would've thought the screen was too small to be able to see anything. I do love using it though - it's so quick and somehow I don't feel so exposed pointing it at people.

As always Paul, thanks for your thoughts. Smile
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.9k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 6:13PM
The shutter release is threaded as well, brilliant for adding a soft release Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Camera%20soft%20release
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
26 Apr 2013 6:48PM
Don't think I need one of those, but I've just found an old 12" screw-in shutter release in my oldies box that I used to use on my Pentax manuals and it fits. Great for tripod work. Smile
GazzaG2003 12 265 England
26 Apr 2013 7:20PM
i love the idea of using my 80's shutter release on my X10 brings a touch of nostalgia Smile
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.9k 6 England
26 Apr 2013 10:19PM
I`ve got an old bulb release I still use Smile
Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.9k 6 England
27 Apr 2013 1:54AM

Quote:Now I've got the EXR DR set up I'll give that a go but if I can do without RAW all the better

Set to EXR I don`t think you get Raws only Jpegs, I find it better to set this up myself and save it as a my set to either C1 or C2.

These are my settings.

Aperture priority
ISO 400
Dynamic range 400%
Auto White Balance
Noise reduction 0
File size M 4.3
Raw + Fine jpeg
Film type velvia (only effects jpeg)
High light tone -2
Shadow tone 0
colour 0
sharpness 0
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 9:46AM
I'll try that but if I find jpeg to be good enough I'll cut out the RAW bit. If the ACR conversion is maybe causing some of the problem then I'll avoid raw if I can.
The rest I pretty much use as standard on all my cameras. The highlight tone adjustment might be useful but I don't usually change those in-camera settings, rather do it via the software. Smile

Can you change the aperture in the EXR modes? Doesn't seem to be possible.
Ewanneil 5 1.1k 2 Scotland
27 Apr 2013 12:01PM
Chris, I've only ever shot raw on my X-10. LR4 recognises the files but if you don't have it then FastStone , which is free and very good, opens RAF files. I just say this to give you some other options.

I'm glad you like the X-10. I just love it.
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 12:48PM
Thank Ewan. I'll try that. Smile
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 1:04PM
Sorry, do I need all four things?
27 Apr 2013 1:50PM
No. Just FastStone Image Viewer 4.8. I think the other 3 are small stand-alone products each of which is included in FastStone Image Viewer.

It's a really nice program - easy to use with lots of useful features.
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 1:54PM
Tku Smile
SlowSong Plus
6 5.2k 29 England
27 Apr 2013 5:58PM
Well I've tried a couple of RAW files using Fastone but they look the same as when I upload to Adobe so it's my in-camera settings that I've got to tweak. Thanks for the suggestion Ewan. A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile
27 Apr 2013 6:27PM

Quote:A strange little programme that I'll keep for a while, but I can't see me using it. It's great for free though. Smile

Don't give up on it too soon. There's a lot more to it than at first meets the eye. It's very customisable (not sure if that's a word) and you can export files to other external editors such as PS or PSE. It's also brilliant for batch processing (re-sizing or re-naming).

Good luck with the in-camera tweaking.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.