GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Weekly B&W challenge ending 6 March -- Signs of Spring

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2019 8:34PM
Woo... what have we started...

To be totally up front, I've a glass of red wine at hand just now.
To be completely fair for the macro challenge I'll have a large glass.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper Plus
14 4.4k 3 Scotland
6 Mar 2019 8:36PM
Ooh, been busy chatting in here the past half hour! I never look until after the finish time, so I've been pleasantly surprised with the great 8 selection this week. Thoughts as follows.

Merlin brought a smile with these cheerful faces, even the skunk!
Malc hope someone was holding that ladder steady, but praise for the work that went into this one.
Linda great buds, and fingers crossed the frost keeps away for you now.
Phil love the catkins, love the crazy branches, not so sure about the vignette though.
Dave love the sweeping curve, but wondering if a tighter composition might have worked better?
Simon good raindrops, great jay!
Alison great curve and lovely shallow dof.
Eddie backlighting, bokeh and shallow dof, but not so sure about the pale oof bit at the bottom.

Congrats to all on fine efforts, but hard to resist that single perfect flower in Eddie's shot, so consider yourself this week's chosen one Eddie. Wink
6 Mar 2019 8:38PM
It's ok. I have just about finished a glass of white. Currently considering a refill. Weighing up the pros and cons. Enjoy this evening versus going to work tomorrow. Hmm 🤔
6 Mar 2019 8:43PM
Well done Eddie. Love the back lighting. 😊

And thanks to Peter for hosting. Good challenge... Enjoyed it so much I'm going to do some more this weekend.
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2019 8:44PM
Well done Eddie and the seasonal challenge Peter

EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2019 8:48PM
This is the photo in question where I got colour in the shot.

It was corrected here though. Smile
6 Mar 2019 8:53PM
Many thanks Peter and for running this week as well!! Smile

The wife will be pleased, that's two challenges that I will not have to pick up the camera for. Grin

Will spend the evening thinking up a new topic and post either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
6 Mar 2019 8:56PM

Quote: This is the photo in question where I got colour in the shot.

It was corrected here though. Smile

Beat me to it...
https://www.ephotozine.com/groups/weekly-black-and-white-challenge-83/photos/chilling-at-the-park-50526992

Well done, Eddie, and not a hint of colourTongue
Thanks for the challenge, Mr. SnapperWink
6 Mar 2019 9:00PM
I shall have to open it up on the computer - little phone screen can't discern the green. But I shall enjoy the glorious riot of colour over the weekend! Thanks for sharing. All sounds very technical to me!!!!
6 Mar 2019 9:04PM

Quote:I shall have to open it up on the computer - little phone screen can't discern the green. But I shall enjoy the glorious riot of colour over the weekend! Thanks for sharing. All sounds very technical to me!!!!

There's no colour in in it now as I corrected it before the challenge deadline after Malc pointed it out. I hadn't even noticed.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
6 Mar 2019 9:12PM

Quote:
Quote:I shall have to open it up on the computer - little phone screen can't discern the green. But I shall enjoy the glorious riot of colour over the weekend! Thanks for sharing. All sounds very technical to me!!!!

There's no colour in in it now as I corrected it before the challenge deadline after Malc pointed it out. I hadn't even noticed.

If I remember correctly it was the round bush behind the car?
6 Mar 2019 9:13PM
Ah! That explains it. Damn! I shall have to find something else to keep me amused instead....

Oh yes, Mr PL's taking me to look at campervans. That should do it. 😁
6 Mar 2019 9:31PM
Great crocus shot Eddie and thanks for the challenge Peter.
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
6 Mar 2019 9:33PM
Congratulations Eddie - and a job well done Peter Smile
6 Mar 2019 9:46PM

Quote:
Quote:

If I remember correctly it was the round bush behind the car?

Yes, that is correct. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.