Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly B&W Challenge ending 8pm Wed 20th June 2018 - Transport on the move

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
13 Jun 2018 9:19PM
Transport on the move. Anything, whether motorised or manually propelled, just as long as it is moving, not static. A Skateboarder flying through the air, a cyclist, car trains boats...you name it. As long as it is moving. Use shutter speed to show movement or panning. Excite me with your entries! First one who tells me to get on me bike is disqualified...

Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun
9. Don't get run over unless you have photographic evidence to submit to the challenge.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2018 7:00PM

Quote:First one who tells me to get on me bike is disqualified...

What about if two of us told you that in tandem? Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
14 Jun 2018 7:53PM

Quote:
Quote:First one who tells me to get on me bike is disqualified...

What about if two of us told you that in tandem? Smile

As long as the tandem was in motion, then it should be OKTongue
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
15 Jun 2018 3:25PM
Bum - I'm sure I told you as soon as you started this challenge and there's nowt to be seen Sad

I did grab a few snaps of a nice big plane during my lunchtbreak - might have been the Airbus A400M Atlas but although I'm sufficiently not girly to love big noisy, and quiet, planes,, I am girly enough not to always know what I'm looking at Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
15 Jun 2018 3:30PM

Quote:I am girly enough not to always know what I'm looking at

I am sure you are femininity personified, IL, and you don't have to know what you have photographed, only that is transport and was moving at the time.
A runaway Tesco/Asda/Lidl or whotever trolley qualifies...empty or full of someone's weekly shopping.Wink
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
16 Jun 2018 7:43AM
Just to (hopefully) inspire you, here is an image I took for the 'Starting and Stopping' theme in January.
128530_1529131422.jpg

DaveRyder Plus
4 2.5k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2018 8:23AM
Tried something this week that just didn't work - out and about in the next few days with another thought (and I don't just mean food).
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
18 Jun 2018 10:51AM
Time to get moving on this one, guys!
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
18 Jun 2018 10:49PM
I get panned regularly, she uses a frying pan.
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2018 6:29AM
I have got one image ready. I may have another go on Wednesday morning though. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
20 Jun 2018 9:58AM
Last chance! Free entry! (It only costs if you win)
All entries in the prize draw hat by 20:00 BST, thank you. (That's 21:00 CET and other times at other places in the world)
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2018 2:05PM
My entry taken on Monday will be up soon. I didn't manage anything else today. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
20 Jun 2018 8:01PM
Right, good people, that's it. Time is well and truly up...off to have a look at the entries. Results in a wee while.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
20 Jun 2018 8:20PM
Thank you one and all for the entries. Good to see a decent number of images again.

Just want to say one thing (yes, only one) before going through the results.
I caught Chris' comment about the theme not being her favourite subject. That, I feel, is the main reason why I like taking part in the weekly macro and b&w challenges, as they make you get out there and either photograph a subject you wouldn't normally bother with, or use a technique which is a challenge as it's not one you usually or often use. As I have commented before, these weekly challenges are exactly that - a challenge. I personally try to choose a theme that makes us think, not just reach for the nearest object within reach...

So, rant over and on to the images, commented on, as usual in order of uploading:

Starting with our Illustrious Leader and her personal private jet that collects her every Friday and jets her away to exotic places before bringing her safely home again for another week at the office disguised as a mild-mannered office worker, her colleagues unaware of her super-hero powers that she uses at the weekend.

Simon with a very shy farmer who will definitely not get stopped for speeding at over a ton in the outside lane of the M1.

Chris with her image of everyday suburban life in the shires, the people carrier dropping Emily and Jonathon and Esme off for horse riding, cricket practise and ballet respectively.

Karin with her shot of a weird motorbike that looks like the ones you see in velodromes with cyclists (without engines) glued to their rear wheel...or an escapee from the wall of death - not sure which...

Eddie, and his proof that that the 09:43 was late yet again (at least it wasn't cancelled!) and is hurrying to get back on schedule before the Fat Controller gets all steamed up under the collar.

Jack and some strange comment about Butter - his keyboard is obviously missing the 'T' key...

And Alan, with his version of Jerome K Jerome's Three Men in a Boat - Three Men in Two Boats.

Top up glass time...don't go away...
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
20 Jun 2018 8:24PM
I've gone for my T.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.