Weekly B&W Challenge ending 8pm Wed 6th November 2019 - Security

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
31 Oct 2019 2:15AM
Here is the new theme for the week and although it is on the topic list (if memory serves, I set it last time) I don't think it is too much of an issue as it doesn't hurt to re-tread old ground occasionally and with only three entries in the previous challenge a nice simple theme should suffice to hopefully boost the number of entries again.

So for the coming week "Security" is the theme we will cover and this should provide plenty of opportunity to find a subject and create a photo ready for next Wednesday.

All who enter can be secure in the knowledge that they can actually win. Tongue

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Try not to get apprehended by Security
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
31 Oct 2019 7:01AM
Yes, you did set this theme last time,Eddie (roughly 12 months ago), and I remember distinctly the image I took for it.
Not wanting to repeat that image, it's thinking cap on time.Smile
4 Nov 2019 12:47PM
Now the macro challenge has started anew and we are into the following week I thought I'd better five this a tiny bump. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
4 Nov 2019 12:54PM

Quote:I thought I'd better five this a tiny bump.

If you six it a bump, more will hear you.Tongue
6 Nov 2019 2:48PM
The final day and just over 5 hours to go. Smile
6 Nov 2019 8:06PM
Okay, time is now up.

I will go and view the entries to see who has secured victory!! Smile
6 Nov 2019 8:25PM
Back again and still only 3 entries. Not quite what I had hoped for so the tactic didn't quite pay off. Still, Quality as per usual and a difficult choice but I do quite like the almost pareidolia look of IL's "Padlock" so with due effect I have to declare her the winner this week (Sorry Smile).

So well done to IL and many thanks to everyone for taking part this week. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
6 Nov 2019 8:30PM
Shame about the low turnout - let's hope the Brexit apathy isn't spreading...meanwhile, congrats to IL (all hail) for her second victory of the week - will she make it a domestic treble with the macro prize on Sunday?
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2019 8:30PM
Well done IL for securing victory and thanks Eddie - I tried to arrange a lockin' at the local pub but was told they no longer close at 10:30pm.
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
6 Nov 2019 9:53PM
Thank you Eddie - shame about the lack of entries but fingers crossed for an improvement next week.

I shall ponder the subject of the new challenge and hopefully come up with something popular

Meanwhile Ledley has just pulled my left arm off the keyboard as he wants his pillow back.....
7 Nov 2019 6:42AM
Congrats to Alison. And apologies to Eddie. I came up with an idea for this one on Tuesday night but didn't have time to do it yesterday. Working late again. And then had to do some furniture moving ready for the decorator coming today. 😕

I suspect the low turnout over these past 2 weeks could be related to the school half term rather than the topics. It's been different weeks across the country (last week and this week) and it often has an impact on both family life and, for those without kids, work colleagues' workloads.

I may be wrong but perhaps everyone has just been busier than usual and struggled to find the time during the week for a spot of photography. Just a thought.

Hopefully back to full numbers again next week. 🤞

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.