Weekly B&W Challenge ending 8pm Wed Nov. 14th 2018 - Four legs

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 8:06AM
Trying to come up with a never-before-used theme isn't that easy, especially as my three first choices are already on the topic list...
Now, before you all wildly grab your photographic equipment and plonk your pussy or bow-bow on a chair or table and snap away, there is a caveat.
The four legs - (which do not necessarily have to be attached to an animal, living, dead, stuffed or mounted - other things in life have four legs - pantomime horses, for example, tables, chairs, statues...) have to be found outdoors, not in the warm comfort of your or anyone else's abode.

As always, there are rules which have to be obeyed:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun
9. Try your best not to get legless until after the shot is in the box.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 8:12AM
This could counts a an antiledleyism.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 8:16AM

Quote:This could counts a an antiledleyism.

Not at all, Dave. Our Illustrious Leader (all hail!) is not the only participant who has a four-legged friend in their home.
I am merely concerned with the welfare of all members of this group, and as such am attempting to ensure that you all get some exercise by having to leave the comfort of your lounges and at the same time get some fresh air in your lungs (albeit urban air pollution may be a problem for some...)
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
8 Nov 2018 8:35AM

Quote:This could counts a an antiledleyism.

Admitting ignorance I popped 'antiledleyism' into a search and the only place it appears is in this very thread - obviously Malc knew what you meant Smile

Anyway - indeed I have a four legged friend - plus a stuffed four legged friend (weasel) - plus two mummified four legged friends (rats) - plus a classic squashed four legged friend (hedgehog) - and a a couple of tables lying around piled high with junk. Oh and a few mice in the freezer Smile

As for what I'll produce - it's anyones' guess!

saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 8:47AM

Quote:obviously Malc knew what you meant

It came to me after google came up with zilch...

Quote:Anyway - indeed I have a four legged friend - plus a stuffed four legged friend (weasel) - plus two mummified four legged friends (rats) - plus a classic squashed four legged friend (hedgehog) - and a a couple of tables lying around piled high with junk. Oh and a few mice in the freezer

You did read the challenge caveat, didn't you?Smile
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
8 Nov 2018 9:03AM

Quote:You did read the challenge caveat, didn't you?Smile

The subject matter being outdoors? any of my collection can easily be transported to the great outdoors and then conveniently 'found' Smile Ok - groan - I'll keep my eyes peeled whilst out and about Tongue
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 10:34AM
How about four legs of a darts match? Grin
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 10:37AM

Quote:How about four legs of a darts match? Grin

Sorry, Eddie...best of three only.
You could do a Two Ronnies sketch about four legs, though..."No, four legs, not fore legs...."
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 10:54AM
How about 2 golfers shouting 'Fore' - I'll be walking over the public right of way that crosses the fairway thia afternoon.

I'm hoping the farmer has his herd in the fields opposite the links.
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 11:06AM

Quote:

You could do a Two Ronnies sketch about four legs, though..."No, four legs, not fore legs...."

Guess I'll now have to find a Centipede and cut it into 25 equal parts. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 12:10PM

Quote:How about 2 golfers shouting 'Fore' - I'll be walking over the public right of way that crosses the fairway thia afternoon.

I'm hoping the farmer has his herd in the fields opposite the links.

Two golfers shouting 'fore' would be eight and therefore not eligible, Dave. However, if you pointed out their combined legs were four and therefore the subject of your image, then that would definitely be OK.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.6k 33 Norway
8 Nov 2018 12:11PM

Quote:
Quote:

Guess I'll now have to find a Centipede and cut it into 25 equal parts. Smile

Knowing you, you'll bloody well go and do it just to prove it can be done - and, no, that is not a gauntlet thrown down!
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 12:44PM
No gauntlet, all Centipede's are safe. I do have a subject in mind. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 1:12PM
Productive walk this morning - horses in the fields, pylons and a cow in the background.

The white horse then seemed to think I had food and followed me along the fence line for a short while.
Managed a couple of other shots and a good walk.

EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2018 2:30PM
Well, we were taking my son Horse Riding on Sunday so there was an opportunity but with Dave's quick entry I shall consult the drawing board again. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.