Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Black & White Challenge ending 8pm Wednesday 26th April - THE WRITTEN/PRINTED WORD

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

cattyal Plus
12 8.1k 6 England
21 Apr 2017 11:11AM
Emergency challenge time - needless to say the duration is somewhat truncated due to the delay in setting but I'm sure you'll find this an easy one to join in with. I've decided that the written/printed word is what I'd like to see - be it newspapers, diaries (the juicier the better), street signs - anything on which, needless to say, words/writing, is prominent.

Will that do?

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
8 6.8k 29 England
21 Apr 2017 12:08PM
Ah, now this sounds slightly more manageable than some wicked themes we've had lately. Smile But I shouldn't speak too soon, I may have to eat my words. Blush
saltireblue Plus
7 6.7k 33 Norway
21 Apr 2017 12:26PM
Careful, Chris, or if I win again sometime in the future, I'll set "One-armed, left footed, openly gay coloured football player originally from Arcacia Ave. Bingley Yorks" as a theme.
Wink
EddieAC Plus
12 1.5k 2 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2017 3:21PM
I'd be willing to give that a go, although what with messing around with channels in the macro challenge and a bit of a **** up with the Green's in the B&W, I'd probably find a One-armed, left footed, openly gay football player without too much problem but he wouldn't be coloured and therefore my entry would be invalid. Grin
saltireblue Plus
7 6.7k 33 Norway
21 Apr 2017 3:29PM

Quote:I'd be willing to give that a go

Careful what you agree to, Eddie...Tongue
EddieAC Plus
12 1.5k 2 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2017 4:50PM
Yep!! Almost putting my foot in it. Wink
Tooma 1 68 Scotland
21 Apr 2017 10:03PM
Old Yet Ever Present.
293716_1492808004.jpg

Spotted at Crinan, close to the café; glad their cakes were not so old. I don't recommend the café - they seem to think dead flies and cobwebs add to the ambience, and they charge plenty for mediocre coffee and average cake. Surprisingly, it is owned by the Crinan Hotel, yet the food there is very good. It's pricey too. Sad
saltireblue Plus
7 6.7k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2017 7:45AM
Tooma:
Entries need to be posted here and not in this thread. Just above the first post there's a Browse button, choose Photos from the drop-down menu there to find the right page.Smile

I remember Tunnocks as a wee lad many years ago!
Tooma 1 68 Scotland
22 Apr 2017 11:15AM
Sorry blue. That explains why I could not see any other pics. I did look too. Sad Heck; I can't see a delete button, yet there is one for this comment??
saltireblue Plus
7 6.7k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2017 11:21AM

Quote:Sorry blue. That explains why I could not see any other pics. I did look too. Sad

Nae problem...you're not the first to post in the wrong place, and won't be the lastSmile

I see now from the image exif that it's from 2015...all images have to be taken after the theme is announced, (see the rules in the first postSmile)so this one doesn't count, I'm afraid.Sad

Malc
Tooma 1 68 Scotland
22 Apr 2017 12:00PM

Quote:
Quote:Sorry blue. That explains why I could not see any other pics. I did look too. Sad

Nae problem...you're not the first to post in the wrong place, and won't be the lastSmile

I see now from the image exif that it's from 2015...all images have to be taken after the theme is announced, (see the rules in the first postSmile)so this one doesn't count, I'm afraid.Sad

Malc

Arrgh. sorry again. I usually spot the regs too. I know it's hard to believe now. Lol. Guess I'll have to drag my weary bones outside soon.

Can you delete the above pic please?
saltireblue Plus
7 6.7k 33 Norway
22 Apr 2017 4:57PM
I'll leave the image - it's doing no harm.
Little 'local' info for you...Cattyal/Alison, who is the group leader, is known as IL or Illustrious Leader (all hail!).
All of us others are her minions and pay homage to her (all hail IL!).
Every now and again she showers us with praise, well, a short 'not bad', then puts us back in the dark to grow and flourish (the good old mushroom syndrome) and we have to take turns to replenish the supply of chocolate HobNobs at times, but you'll get a message about that when it is your turn.
It's all a bit lighthearted among the serious business of taking photos.
Apart from that, nowt much to tell, really...enjoy your stay.

Malc

p.s. If you like this group, you may like IL's other weekly group, the weekly macro challenge...same rules apply...
Tooma 1 68 Scotland
22 Apr 2017 5:13PM
Thanks for the heads-up and your gracious response to my errors Malc; you're a gent.

I'll look out for the Macro comps; not been taking any close-ups for a wee while now, so that should stir my trigger finger.

T.
SlowSong Plus
8 6.8k 29 England
22 Apr 2017 7:21PM

Quote:Thanks for the heads-up and your gracious response to my errors Malc; you're a gent.T.
You'll do well on here, Tooma. Grin
22 Apr 2017 7:48PM
.....but as a completely irrelevant aside..we can still get Tunnocks "tea cakes" at our local Spar...still the best marshmellows you can buy....

I bet they've toned down the "glucose" "sugar" and "chocolate" claims for the product though, in line with Government health guidelines...and associated health bull***t....usually amounting to "If it tastes good it'll be bad for you and the NHS"...Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.