Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ticket discount with EZPTPS18 for The Photography Show 2018

Weekly Black & White Challenge ending 8pm Wed. 17th Jan. Steam, smoke, exhaust, breath

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
7 7.5k 33 Norway
10 Jan 2018 9:12PM
You lucky people!
Four variations to choose from this week - aren't I the generous one.Wink
As it is the time of year with low temperatures, I thought it only right to get you all out there in that lovely fresh air.
So, smoke (chimneys, smoking people), steam (from various industrial thingys) exhaust (obvious one, from vehicles, excluding those new-fangled electricky ones) breath (people, dogs, joggers...)
I'm sure there are many other examples out there...
Get the idea?
Anyone feeling cowardly about getting out and about and entering a steaming kettle will have marks deducted and may get detention.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

So go to it and let me have many, many entries - quantity combined with quality!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
7 7.5k 33 Norway
11 Jan 2018 7:52AM
Just to clarify one point which I have not received several questions about...I am not looking for fog, mist nor smog, they don't count.Smile
11 Jan 2018 12:46PM
I was fitting a new car battery last night and forgot to enter my photo for last weeks. Shocking. Anyway... I will be out early this weekend with one of these themes in mind!
EddieAC Plus
13 1.8k 2 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2018 1:24PM
I guess the new battery was because the car kept stopping and had trouble starting. Wink
saltireblue Plus
7 7.5k 33 Norway
11 Jan 2018 1:31PM

Quote:I guess the new battery was because the car kept stopping and had trouble starting. Wink

🤣🤣
11 Jan 2018 2:23PM

Quote:I guess the new battery was because the car kept stopping and had trouble starting. Wink

Well.... installing the car battery was going g to be my submitted image. But I forgot a socket set so wasted valuable time going to get one Tongue
saltireblue Plus
7 7.5k 33 Norway
15 Jan 2018 10:38AM
Time to remind you all that the clock is ticking...
DaveRyder Plus
3 2.1k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2018 9:32AM
Pulled over in layby on way home behind a little red Nissan.

Apparently I wasn't the only one using the layby but sorry my interest was taking a taking a photograph. Blush

cattyal Plus
12 8.3k 6 England
16 Jan 2018 11:20AM
So far not cold enough for breath - not spotted any smoking chimneys in town, certainly no exhaust clouds and not even a flipping massive vape cloud Sad I might have to see what I can generate myself!
Snapper Plus
13 4.3k 3 United States Outlying Islands
16 Jan 2018 2:26PM
Snowing here, but nothing from the 3 chimneys/stacks that I can see from the back of my house. Confirms my suspicion that most woodburners in housing estates are just for posers, since they've all got gas central heating anyway. Tongue
saltireblue Plus
7 7.5k 33 Norway
16 Jan 2018 6:47PM
Really need you all to get out there and capture some entries. Or stay indoors get the windows all steamed up...or boil the kettle - I promise no points will be deducted nor detention imposed, as previously stated.
EddieAC Plus
13 1.8k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2018 11:07PM
Incense sticks as a last resort. Grin

I did get an early entry. Not as sharp as I would like but it will do if no better oportunity arises.
Snapper Plus
13 4.3k 3 United States Outlying Islands
17 Jan 2018 3:18PM
A sudden thought, and I'm in!
EddieAC Plus
13 1.8k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2018 6:17PM
In too. If I hadn't had an early attempt then it may well have been incense sticks as a last resort. Smile
cattyal Plus
12 8.3k 6 England
17 Jan 2018 7:31PM
I'm in too. Nothing to see whilst out and about today so some frantic candle snaps done. Then as I'm about to sort through then a visitor arrives who I got rid off about 5 minutes ago.

Now I can think about sorting myself some dinner!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.