Save up to £360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed 4th December 2019 - CROSS

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

28 Nov 2019 8:04AM
With the UK General election coming up, cross came to mind for all sorts of reasons. So a photo showing your interpretation of cross for this week please. Extra points for drama; selfies allowed.

Those all important rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Don't get cross
9. Enjoy yourself

Good luck!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.6k 1 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2019 4:41PM
I'll have to apologies for my absence for a couple of weeks from this and the other place.
We're escaping the weather to Fuertoventura shortly for our 22nd wedding anniversary - We all have a cross to bare.
Back later in month.
29 Nov 2019 7:42PM
Going to try to get a shot in for this one this week. Have to do it over the weekend tho. So can I just check....

Is any interpretation of the word 'cross' acceptable? Or does it have to be the emotion? (i.e. angry).

30 Nov 2019 11:44AM
Any interpretation you want!
4 Dec 2019 8:03AM
Bump! Less than 12 hours left to upload your entry to this week's challenge.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
4 Dec 2019 1:18PM
Looks as if I am the one to get the ball rolling this week....
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
4 Dec 2019 3:10PM
Finally managed to 'get my act together.' Pretty standard stuff but made it! I've been somewhat side-tracked for the last few weeks by health issues (mine and now SWMBO's - still ongoing so I'll be kind of irregular for a while).
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
4 Dec 2019 3:32PM
Pete - sorry to hear of you and your wife's health issues, hope they are nothing too troublesome and serious.
4 Dec 2019 4:37PM
Thanks Malc - not life-threatening stuff so I'm hoping (well, expecting really) things will improve and we can get back to normal soon (well, how normal depends on the four letter BREXIT word - oh, it's 6 letters, but...…)
4 Dec 2019 8:32PM
Time is more than up - got distracted by Masterchef! Back soon with result.
4 Dec 2019 8:56PM
A good variety of crosses making decisions tricky.

Eric - a bit of a shoehorn here - well a magnifying glass actually which I think appeared in the macro challenge - 2 for the price of one?
Malc - how you persuade your wife to model your entries is a mystery but presumably there is a pay-off. I think she needs more wax on those skis.
Peter - lovely, peaceful country scene
Alison - well spotted cross patterns while crossing the bridge - I like it
Chris - a cutting edge photo
Eddie - love the drama with your light painting.

The winner has to be the cross Mrs Salty. Well executed (so to speak) Malc - over to you.
4 Dec 2019 8:58PM
Well done Malc and thanks for the challenge PhilSmile
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2019 9:02PM
It was rather fortunate I was out there in the dark as a couple who were walking through could not see where they were going but I was able to light the way. Smile

Well done Malc and Kudos to Mrs Salty for her participation. Smile

Many thanks for this week Phil. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
4 Dec 2019 9:04PM
Many thanks from mrs. salty and myself, Phil. I am extra grateful as you have given me the idea for her forthcoming birthday - more wax for her skis!
Good to see a diverse selection of entries, so well done to one and all.
It may well be the morrow before a new challenge is forthcoming.
4 Dec 2019 10:00PM
Philstan. No not the 2 for one. This one was a Macro Mono. the only thing was it was taken the same day has the other entry. Gypsyman.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.