Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Weekly Black and White Challenge - w/e Wed 18th October 2017 - STREET FURNITURE

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
12 Oct 2017 8:36AM
There appears to be unlimited opportunity to snap some of our oh-so-not attractive street furniture which clutters up every street in every town. Added to this are street markings and mostly-unneeded signs and instructions. Or perhaps where you live there is some quirky furniture which might brighten up the place. Let's see. Smile

Each week the winner of the previous week’s challenge will set a new theme, you have until 8pm the following Wednesday to take, process and upload your black and white image.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
7 7.4k 33 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2017 8:38AM
Urban crud...right up my street...not literally!Smile
12 Oct 2017 10:51AM
None up my Street, but I do have an Appointment in town next Tuesday, The Opticians. bit late but I will try to get something in..
petebfrance 5 2.6k France
12 Oct 2017 11:18AM
Furniture? You mean like tables and chairs, sideboards, Welsh dressers and the likeWink There are some benches by the harbour, I suppose..... There used to be a lot of furniture in the streets every Wednesday when the council van came round to pick them up for the tip but that's been stopped, unfortunately.
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
12 Oct 2017 11:26AM

Quote:Furniture? You mean like tables and chairs, sideboards, Welsh dressers and the like
You may jest, Pete, but where I live this is "normal". Grin
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
12 Oct 2017 11:27AM

Quote:None up my Street, but I do have an Appointment in town next Tuesday, The Opticians. bit late but I will try to get something in..
Nothing at all??? I want to live where you live. Smile
feen96 4 322 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2017 9:21PM
Our Street is used as a dump for most of the town, the last fly-tip had 3 chairs, 4 framed picture and a broken table, it has been cleared up now but I'm sure it will be refurnished soon Sad
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
15 Oct 2017 9:36PM
Street furniture usually refers to signs, lighting, bollards, etc. But if you have an alternative interpretation that's equally valid. Nothing's out of bounds. Smile
saltireblue Plus
7 7.4k 33 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2017 2:28PM
Fortunately, Norway is very clean and furniture abandoned on the pavement or along the roadside simply does not occur - at least not in areas I have visited, and that's quite a few.
Thankfully Chris explained her theme so I was able to capture an example locally.Smile
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
16 Oct 2017 4:02PM
Thanks Malc. I should have explained more clearly in the beginning. Smile
KrazyKA 1 687 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2017 12:05AM
Just seen this challenge. Earlier I saw a sofa someone had obviously no need for, which was propped up against a wall. If only had known then!!!
KrazyKA 1 687 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2017 12:07AM
Ha, now I see it means something else
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
17 Oct 2017 11:04AM
It can mean whatever you want, Karin. I just offered up some suggestions, but if you come across something interesting that you think meets the description then go for it. Smile
petebfrance 5 2.6k France
17 Oct 2017 4:56PM
Well, I'm in, but.... thought it would be 'fun' to go out in the rain with a WR camera. Dropped the lens cap in the gutter, knocked the lens-hood off while drying it (under cover, but guess where the hood was heading) and I got wet.
saltireblue Plus
7 7.4k 33 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2017 5:17PM

Quote:Well, I'm in, but.... thought it would be 'fun' to go out in the rain with a WR camera. Dropped the lens cap in the gutter, knocked the lens-hood off while drying it (under cover, but guess where the hood was heading) and I got wet.

Photography should not be boring, but should include elements of surprise, frustration, irritation, irrigation (Tongue)
flatulation (Blush) and many other -ations - all sent to either try our patience or give us a warm feeling somewhere.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.