GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Weekly Black and White Challenge - w/e Wed 9th October 2019 - STRAIGHT LINES

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
3 Oct 2019 9:05AM
This week I'd like to see some STRAIGHT LINES. They can be horizontal, vertical or criss/cross, but nice straight ones please. Not just painted lines but anything that is linear, be they buildings, in nature or just things.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Anyone that disobeys the rules will get 100 lines.
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2019 10:15AM
Nothing to do with Country Lines allowed I take it..... or should I say, Don't Take It
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
3 Oct 2019 10:25AM
I doubt that anyone involved in county lines could be straight at anything.
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2019 4:23PM
Just along from youngest Grandsons Primary School.
A site constructing wind turbines - plenty of straight lines to choose from Chris.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
7 Oct 2019 5:37PM
A bit of a bump. But i won't be back to make a decision till late on Weds as it's my art class night. You've still got to upload by 8 though.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
8 Oct 2019 3:06PM
Can't see many of you lining up for this one. A nice easy peasy subject too. Crack on ...... Smile
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
8 Oct 2019 3:49PM
I have something in mind but am holding off as Wednesday is my day off and I've no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing! I might come across something snapworthy!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
8 Oct 2019 4:09PM
Nice to see those up top setting a good example. Smile
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
8 Oct 2019 4:24PM

Quote:Nice to see those up top setting a good example. Smile

I like to be consistent Smile
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2019 4:12PM
I did try getting traffic trails this morning but in my view they were not straight enough. Curve at the top of the frame and bloomin lane changers. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
9 Oct 2019 4:44PM

Quote:I did try getting traffic trails this morning but in my view they were not straight enough. Curve at the top of the frame and bloomin lane changers. Smile

How very inconsiderate of those buffoons!
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2019 6:19PM

Quote:
Quote:I did try getting traffic trails this morning but in my view they were not straight enough. Curve at the top of the frame and bloomin lane changers. Smile

How very inconsiderate of those buffoons!

Absolutely!! After all, traffic will have to sit still on the motorway after no deal so they should drive in a straight line for the Black and White Challenge.
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
9 Oct 2019 8:17PM
Rats - I missed the deadline after doing 'due diligence.' Anyway, uploaded it just for completeness - I hate having taken a picture for something and just abandoning it.
I blame the plums. Tried cooking some, quite tasty (with cream and cake) and then sat back with a glass of wine.
Sorry folks - just didn't want to miss yet another one!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
9 Oct 2019 10:02PM
OK. Back from class so will have to have a quick look. Sorry to keep you all.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
9 Oct 2019 10:06PM
A quick decision tonight as I'm a bit tired, but the one that stood out for me was Phil's Blind because it has the lovely lines of the blind, and also the pretty lines of the sunbeams. Double whammy.

A worthy second would be Alison's spag, which she made look like steel rods, but hey, you can't win 'em all. Wink

Thank you all for your entries.
Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.