Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Weekly Black and White Challenge ending Wednesday 5th December 2018 - Rubbish/Grot/Grime

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
29 Nov 2018 10:26AM
Good morning all! I use the term ‘good’ loosely as it’s wet and windy outside so not really all that good.

This week I think we’ll go for a rubbish theme – I’m thinking artistically arranged dumped rubbish/overflowing bins/cans impaled on railings (a regular sight on the railings behind the office)/those cobwebs gathering dust in the corners of your house (and don’t tell me you have none)/the deep recesses of your garage or shed were the mice go to die – anything that’s grotty or grimy or rubbish.

There – that should give you the option of going off into the great outdoors or staying home warm and cosy – the choice is yours!

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun and keep clean!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
29 Nov 2018 10:26AM
PS - I'm not sure where the question mark in the heading came from Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
29 Nov 2018 10:31AM

Quote:PS - I'm not sure where the question mark in the heading came from

PPS - what question mark?Wink
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
29 Nov 2018 10:53AM

Quote:
Quote:PS - I'm not sure where the question mark in the heading came from

PPS - what question mark?Wink

All gone - excellent Smile Ta
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2018 12:03PM

Quote:PS - I'm not sure where the question mark in the heading came from Smile

It must have been a subtle hint for us to upload questionable images again. Smile
3 Dec 2018 5:37PM
Finally stopped raining so managed a rubbish walk. Smile
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
5 Dec 2018 10:13AM
Apparently it's Wednesday again - it must be as I'm not at work Smile I've not checked uploads yet but hope there will be plenty for me to look through later on!

Meanwhile I've a fab job to get on with - photographing healing crystals - it's proving to be a right pain!
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
5 Dec 2018 10:40AM

Quote:Meanwhile I've a fab job to get on with - photographing healing crystals - it's proving to be a right pain!

Better get this in before the others turn up...
If it gets to be too much of a pain then you can always use the crystals to ease the suffering...

Sending you a pm about lighting the crystals...
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
5 Dec 2018 10:45AM

Quote:
Quote:Meanwhile I've a fab job to get on with - photographing healing crystals - it's proving to be a right pain!

Better get this in before the others turn up...
If it gets to be too much of a pain then you can always use the crystals to ease the suffering...

Sending you a pm about lighting the crystals...

I look forward to receiving your words of wisdom Smile My preferred option is to throw away all the white ones Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
5 Dec 2018 8:02PM
Aarrgh! Just tuned in to size up the opposition and watch the judging only to find that I haven’t got an entry in 😤. Not at home either.
Thought I’d uploaded at the same time as my gallery entry on Monday but seems not 🥴
Sorry IL I’ll go and stand in the naughty corner ☹️
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2018 8:21PM
Malc, I think your entry must have been so grotty that epz's cleaning lady couldn't leave it where it was. Wink
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
5 Dec 2018 8:26PM
Back again peeps and it would certainly appear that my subject this week was grot! My thanks to the three entrants and Malc can stand in the naughty corner until next week - at least.................

I've opted to award the dubious honour of first 'prize' to Philip for Flotsam and Jetsam though admittedly any of the entries fitted the bill nicely and could have won.

Thanks again everyone and over to you Philip to get the next challenge up and running and hopefully choose a more popular subject!
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2018 8:34PM
Well done Phil and many thanks to IL for an enjoyable subject even if the entry number was on the low side. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
5 Dec 2018 8:44PM
Think you might be right, Eddie. It certainly wasn’t as good as the winning entry by Phil.
IL, if I have To stand in the naughty corner for a whole week then I won’t be able to enter the macro challenge. May I please be allowed to leave the naughty corner Saturday at the latest?
cattyal Plus
13 8.7k 6 England
5 Dec 2018 8:50PM
I shall consider your request Minion Malc and will let you know when a decision has been made. I suggest you don't hold your breath...........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.