Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Weekly Black and White Challenge ending 8pm BST Wednesday 8th April 2020 - Low Key Veg

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

2 Apr 2020 9:31AM
Your challenge this week is to produce an image of a vegetable/vegetables but, continuing Malc's wish to avoid the bog-standard, the images should be low key. Try googling 'Edward Weston vegetables' for inspiration (other search engines available). So dial down the exposure, find a dark corner and a light source and get creative.

Them rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun
9. Don't discard your subject - put it to some use, preferably eating it!

Good luck.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

6 Apr 2020 11:22AM
Lettuce celerybrate that the macro challenge has completed for this week so the chips are down for the b&w challenge. You have now bean reminded to capture a veggie image for Wednesday.
cattyal Plus
15 9.1k 6 England
6 Apr 2020 11:37AM
I added an item to my asda order especially for the challenge - I only have bananas in the house at the moment!
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
6 Apr 2020 4:52PM

Quote:Lettuce celerybrate that the macro challenge has completed for this week so the chips are down for the b&w challenge. You have now bean reminded to capture a veggie image for Wednesday.

🏆 = my award for groan of the week, Phil.Wink
6 Apr 2020 5:58PM

Quote:
Quote:Lettuce celerybrate that the macro challenge has completed for this week so the chips are down for the b&w challenge. You have now bean reminded to capture a veggie image for Wednesday.

But it's only Monday so a bigger groan might turnip.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
6 Apr 2020 6:50PM

Quote:
Quote:

But it's only Monday so a bigger groan might turnip.

AARRGGGHHH!!!
EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2020 7:55PM
I can see that we are going to Pepper this thread with puns until we Artichoke with laughter. That would be sprout of order so I can promise that's shallot from me!! Wink
8 Apr 2020 12:13PM
Only a few more hours to go to enter this weeks challenge. Still time for that couch potato selfie?
cattyal Plus
15 9.1k 6 England
8 Apr 2020 2:08PM
I've only just realised it's Wednesday!
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
8 Apr 2020 2:18PM

Quote:I've only just realised it's Wednesday!

Bollards! Me too!!
8 Apr 2020 8:09PM
OK time is up - looks like a select bunch of entries - perhaps the topic was too challenging Sad - or it could be that like our IL and Malc they have lost track of time.

Back in a mo with a judgement.
8 Apr 2020 8:21PM
4 quality entries all meeting the brief:

Rob - like the backlighting on the slice of onion and the sepia tone works well
Eddie - drama and definitely a touch of Weston
Malc - again nice lighting and detail
IL - perhaps not quite the contrast of Weston but the subtle lighting and shape of the background is nice.

So the winner this week is Eddie - great shot. Well done and over to you.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
8 Apr 2020 8:38PM
Good un, Eddie and many thanks to Phil for the challenge this week.
EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2020 8:44PM
Many thanks Phil and also for this weeks fun. Smile

I shall get the little one to sleep and then endeavour to come up with a new theme, something that seems to get more difficult with each passing week. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.