Don't Miss Out On Top-Selling Deals From Park Cameras - Find Out More

Weekly Black and White Challenge ending 8pm Wed. 25th March '20 - Toilet roll

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2020 8:26AM
28689_1584951838.jpg

Now this is what happens when you give an 8 year old a bath and he decides to play with one and a half rolls of toilet paper while he's in there. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
23 Mar 2020 10:37AM
You could always collect it up and make papier mache loo roll. Run it through a pasta machine and hang on the line, job done..Smile
24 Mar 2020 7:01PM
Well peeps, it's Tuesday evening. At least, I hope it is. So difficult to keep track of the days at the moment - they all seem to blend into one.

Anyway, working on the assumption that I'm right, we're fast approaching the final 24 hours so... It's the final countdown (sorry, couldn't resist). 😂🤣

Don't foul things up now. I'll be back tomorrow evening to mop things up and judge your sh... I mean wonderful offerings.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
24 Mar 2020 7:13PM
We're all papering over the cracks, Linda. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
24 Mar 2020 7:22PM

Quote:28689_1584951838.jpg

Now this is what happens when you give an 8 year old a bath and he decides to play with one and a half rolls of toilet paper while he's in there. Smile

You're lucky to have a child you can blame this sort of thing on.Tongue
25 Mar 2020 8:06PM
Ok folks. Time's up.
Give me a little while to peruse and cogitate.
Back soon...
25 Mar 2020 8:51PM
OK. So, having perused and cogitated, here are my thoughts (in the traditional order-of-entry arrangement)…

Phil – the first time I saw this it was just on my phone and I therefore missed the subtle ‘enhancements’. But having subsequently perused it on ‘the big screen’ (no, not that one – I’m being diligent and staying home to practice proper social-distancing etiquette), I have to say that’s very clever use of PS (or whatever other editing software it was). I really do hope your vision of the future isn’t actualised as that will make me among the poorest in the land! 😢

Dave – I do hope Asda didn’t disappoint! Or that you have a secret stash hidden away somewhere. Let me know if you run out – I know one or two others that have plenty in stock at present. 👀

Chris – It’s a sorry state of affairs if that’s the best present ever, isn’t it? Who could have seen that coming at the start of the year?! 😂🤣 Beautifully wrapped though, I have to say. Is it right and proper to say ‘I hope you take great pleasure from it’?!!! Blush

Malc – Looks like you’ve been having fun in your house. And unlike poor Dave, you seem to be well stocked with essential provisions to enable it. Smile Good job Dave doesn’t live just down the road…😏

Eddie – Another one that’s well stocked, I see. I’m clearly in the wrong part of the country this week! I’m so glad you avoided the pitfall of the ‘second hand’ shot! Blush It’s an unusual concept you’ve gone with there – most of us just use patterned glass for modesty. I’d recommend a curtain when you start running low – save the neighbours’ blushes. 😁

Alison – A very admirable entry with great ‘green’ credentials for a black and white challenge. I’m sure the bugs will be very pleased to take delivery of them in due course. 😇

Rob – Hello and welcome to the group – great to have you on board! 🖐 You join us at an unusual juncture in our social history. When else would you find yourself taking a picture of an empty loo roll and proudly uploading it to a photography website?! 🙃 But I’m glad you did. And I’m really hoping you had a replacement lined up to replenish the situation after you did!!!

OK. So. Decision time.

Well you should all feel *flushed* with success – great set of images on a difficult theme this week. But there can only be one person allocated a place on the throne. But who?...

Well, when I set the challenge, if there was one thing I wasn’t expecting to see, it was an ‘action’ shot (though I have to say, I suspect there’s some tom-foolery going on there). But it’s great to see someone getting such joy out of a humble loo roll (or ten) and a tennis ball.

So for the sheer entertainment factor, the throne belongs to Malc this week. Well done one and all. Enjoy the rest of your week and I expect I’ll see all/most of you on Sunday for the Macro challenge.

EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2020 8:56PM
Well done to Malc!! You left skid marks and are streaks ahead of the rest of us. Smile

I suppose I should say well done to the rest of us Loo-sers!! Smile

Many thanks to Linda for rhis week! Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
25 Mar 2020 9:03PM
I thank you kindly, young lady, for the honour this week.
As for tom-fooloery, nope, not at all. You wouldn't want to see what sort of propulsion unit I used to get the tennis ball to strike the 'pins'. I'll just say that the Norwegian word for speed is 'fart' (honestly! check on google translate)

Great use of toilet inventory, folks and of the ol' imagination. Now it just remains for me to come up with a challenging challenge for the coming week - and I promise it will be something do-able indoors becasue of the current situation...
SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
25 Mar 2020 9:12PM
I don't know why, but people love a bit of toilet humour. Fun and topical challenge Linda, and well done Malc for giving us a fun idea to fill the forthcoming dull days. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2020 9:13PM
Well done Malc and thanks for the challenge Linda - the main challenge this week being getting any toilet rolls.
25 Mar 2020 9:13PM

Quote:I thank you kindly, young lady...

Oh you smooth talking bar steward, you! Long time since anyone called me a young lady. 🤣😂
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
25 Mar 2020 9:24PM
Congratulations Malc - and thanks for the challenge Linda Smile
25 Mar 2020 10:12PM
Well done Malc - amazing what people do for entertainment when kept indoors....... Thanks for the challenge Linda.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.