Weekly Black and White Challenge ending Wed 11th Dec. 2019 8pm - WET

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
13 Dec 2019 1:50PM
Sorry if you feel cheated, Eric, but taking an older image and altering it or converting it to b&w from colour is not regarded as being taken after the challenge is announced. (see rule 2)

I do hope though, that this will not prevent you from taking part with freshly-taken images in the future.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

14 Dec 2019 11:10AM
saltireblue. I thought that Rule 4 Permitted a change to the Photograph. Eric.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
14 Dec 2019 11:31AM

Quote:saltireblue. I thought that Rule 4 Permitted a change to the Photograph. Eric.

As all images have to be b&w or sepia, and given that most people convert after taking the original image in colour as few cameras take images in b&w (though some can), then yes, of course Rule 4 permits changes. BUT, only to images that are originally taken after the challenge is announced.

The purpose of this weekly challenge (and the macro one) is to promote going out and taking new images specifically for the challenges, it is not an exercise in searching hard-disks for old images...
14 Dec 2019 5:35PM
saltireblue. Thank you for your kind replies. sadly my old computer does not hold a lot of Old Images on Hard Disks. And many of the Members will know that due to long standing disability I do not get out to often and not on my own. I am very lucky to have some members who help to get me out with them. Thanks again. Ps If I can get out when there is a subject See in the time frame given I will put it up.
JawDborn 8 1.2k 1 England
15 Dec 2019 2:01PM

Quote:saltireblue. Thank you for your kind replies. sadly my old computer does not hold a lot of Old Images on Hard Disks. And many of the Members will know that due to long standing disability I do not get out to often and not on my own. I am very lucky to have some members who help to get me out with them. Thanks again. Ps If I can get out when there is a subject See in the time frame given I will put it up.

I sympathise with you, Eric. I too am stuck in the house because of illness and disability, and it is frustrating not being able to enter the challenges, wishing I could get out and take some photos other than in the house or garden. Warm regards to you, Eric.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.