Weekly Black and White Challenge ending Wed 11th Sept at 8pm - Street art or Graffiti.

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
11 Sep 2019 11:33AM
Got a couple of possibles lined up but will be wandering into town shortly so shall defer my decision in case I find something better. Shame it's such a drab day here - the light is bleah

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2019 7:20PM
Well the Brighton trip didn't materialize in the end but finally in with something I saw while driving through Shoreham.

I also saw a message sprayed on a wall stating that Matt was gay but let that one pass as I didn't want to "Out" him. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
11 Sep 2019 8:08PM
Oops...well over time! Back asap...
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
11 Sep 2019 8:22PM
OK then, eyes down and straight in. No-one has had the whip withdrawn and the division bell has been rung so let's count the eyes and the nayes...

Dave: Classic graffiti, under some sad and tatty bridge somewhere, with all the detritus adding to the atmosphere of a place where joints are rolled and smoked and the odd homeless person kips for the night.

Phil: One from the future - Bladerunner comes to mind - and for pimply, pale nerds sitting for hours on end in front of a monitor. The exact opposite of Dave's.

Karin: Introducing the third sub-genre - the street mural, typified by the artwork of the IRA and the Republicans in Belfast. This example of a far more peaceful nature.

Alison/IL (all hail!): Presenting the Banksy theme, and pinching the high-key element from "that other weekly challenge".

Eddie: Yet another variation of the genre, an example of the true street art, perhaps.

Good to see a wide variety of this genre, and I send my apologies to Pete in France as he lives in a rural area where graffiti is unknown. I shall try to be more inclusive next time - if there is a next time.

A final look through before announcing the winner of this Big Deal, as opposed to the No Deal more talked about at present...
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
11 Sep 2019 8:31PM
Strange when I think about it, but i was expecting to see some political statement graffiti, considering how much of our every day is taken up with what is happening, or not happening, in the Palace of Westminster at present.
Anyway, not to get bogged down in the political mire, let's move on to the more cheerful task of naming and shaming, aka announcing this week's winner, and new holder of the golden thingamajig.

I am torn between two, and I guess one of you is going to get off lightly. I shall refrain from revealing that IL was the other on the short list and constrain myself to merely announcing that Dave is this week's winner. His image takes me back to the days of graffiti in its original modern form, done in places somewhat away from the public eye, but still highly visible.
A nostalgia trip, if you will...

Thanks to all who entered - good stuff one and all!
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2019 8:36PM
Well thank you for the honour, interesting challenge Malc.

Found it quite by chance.
It was taken under Newport Bridge access road on the North bank of the River Tess into Middlesbrough.
As you say it looks like it's frequented most nights by individuals who would likely have helped themselves to my camera.

Now the hard part. Next weeks challenge.
Back in a bit - maybe in the morning.
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2019 8:52PM
Well done Dave and many thanks for this week Malc!!! Smile

28689_1568231553.jpg

🤣��🤣
11 Sep 2019 9:55PM
Well done Dave. Thanks for the challenge Malc.
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
12 Sep 2019 8:54AM
Congratulations Dave - phew Smile

Thanks for looking after the rabble this week Malc!
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
12 Sep 2019 9:06AM

Quote:Congratulations Dave - phew Smile

Thanks for looking after the rabble this week Malc!

They were all very well-behaved for once!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.