GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Weekly Macro Challenge - ending 8pm Sunday 16th December 2018 - Drip

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
16 Dec 2018 6:44PM

Quote:Just spent the last couple of hours pouring treacle through a cheese grater.
Just a normal Sunday night in the sjr household.
Best clean up before the gaffer comes home Wink

Cheese graters, treacle, combs, paint...we do make life difficult for ourselves, don't we?Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

16 Dec 2018 8:20PM
TIme has passed and a great set of images and ingenuity - back soon with the verdict.
16 Dec 2018 9:18PM
OK here goes:

Malc - full marks for recycling unneeded objects and nice lighting - must have nicely messy to clear up after

Eddie - I'm impressed that you hired a yellow van back drop most of us make do with fabric or paper

Linda - I was thinking you must have had a good afternoon clearing up after your dripping but then noticed that you are the designated driver tonight so presumably you offered it around or poured it back

Simon - trying to work out the reflection in your treacly drops - at first I thought you were wearing a tuxedo but then realised it must have been a white card to reflect the light.

IL - this looks too pale to be extra virgin; fascinated by the texture of the spoon (?cast iron) - must be tricky to clean!

Difficult to choose as each photo has merit but in the end I decided to go for Simon's treacly drips with the attractive variety of drip shapes and use of lens flare.
16 Dec 2018 9:43PM
Well done Simon. Lovely shot.

And thanks to Phil for hosting.
sjr 2 567 England
17 Dec 2018 5:34AM
Cheers Phil nice surprise and a little unexpected.
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2018 7:11AM
Well done Simon and many thanks Phil for this week!! Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
17 Dec 2018 7:31AM
Good one, Simon, some lovely dof and an abstract look.
Good theme, Phil - thanks!
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
17 Dec 2018 10:19AM
A belated congratulations to Simon and thanks to Phil for hosting this week.

I'm not sure what the spoon is made of - it's very diddy - between 2 and 3 inches long so presumably a mustard spoon.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.