Weekly Macro Challenge - ending 8pm Sunday 25th August 2019 - POLLEN

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

18 Aug 2019 10:54PM
The challenge this week is one not to be sniffed at (especially if you are allergic). So get up close and personal with some pollen - could be be on a flower stamen, insect or on something else - thinking about the strange orange stains on my tee shirt the other day after brushing past some lilies.

The rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
9. If you are allergic then the choices include holding your breath, FFP2 (or better) respirator or drugs (legal anti-allergy ones of course)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Aug 2019 7:40PM
227822_1566326395.jpg

Bee
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
21 Aug 2019 8:40AM
Hi Michael. Good to see you entering our weekly macro challenge. However, I see your image is from 2017, and as it states in the rules (see first post), all entries must be taken after the theme is announced.
If you have a new image you wish to enter, please post it in the photo section, not here in the thread. Click on Browse above the OP and then Photos - that's the right place for entries.Smile
24 Aug 2019 9:07AM
The weather forecast for UK and Norway looks good so, for those not yet found something to photograph, time to get out and buzz around collecting some pollen!
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
24 Aug 2019 12:29PM

Quote:The weather forecast for UK and Norway looks good

True, but our seasons do not coincide with those of the UK. Ous pollen season is a lot shorter than in the UK and it is all but over now...
In our garden, the only flower/plant/bush that has any pollen again is a buddleia, and even on that there's almost no pollen left. I'll give it a go, but can't guarantee an entry this week...
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2019 3:13PM
35deg in the garden this afternoon, best i just sit, enjoy the birds singing and have cbold beer.... fortunately got a shot in before IL & Phil chastise me.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
24 Aug 2019 4:09PM

Quote:fortunately got a shot in before IL & Phil chastise me.

I wouldn't mind being chastised by IL (all hail!)...not so sure about Phil, thoughWink
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
24 Aug 2019 4:39PM

Quote:
Quote:The weather forecast for UK and Norway looks good

True, but our seasons do not coincide with those of the UK. Ous pollen season is a lot shorter than in the UK and it is all but over now...
In our garden, the only flower/plant/bush that has any pollen again is a buddleia, and even on that there's almost no pollen left. I'll give it a go, but can't guarantee an entry this week...

Sprinkle some custard powder onto something. We'll never know the difference. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
24 Aug 2019 6:03PM
Custard powder? Haven't seen that since the 70's!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
24 Aug 2019 6:42PM

Quote:Custard powder? Haven't seen that since the 70's!

Duh! Just when you need some ........
24 Aug 2019 7:36PM

Quote:True, but our seasons do not coincide with those of the UK. Ous pollen season is a lot shorter than in the UK and it is all but over now...

Sorry about that MalcSad
Cut flowers at the supermarket or a florist?
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
24 Aug 2019 7:48PM

Quote:
Quote:True, but our seasons do not coincide with those of the UK. Ous pollen season is a lot shorter than in the UK and it is all but over now...

Sorry about that MalcSad
Cut flowers at the supermarket or a florist?

Hey! No problem, dude - all is well. Our supermarkets don't sell flowers and florists are not open at 20:47 on a Saturday, nor on Sundays.Wink
I'll see if there is anything usable when it gets light again tomorrow. MIght have to prowl around neighbours' gardens
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
24 Aug 2019 10:38PM

Quote:
Quote:fortunately got a shot in before IL & Phil chastise me.

I wouldn't mind being chastised by IL (all hail!)...not so sure about Phil, thoughWink

Phil is probably the better choice Tongue
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2019 7:42PM
Well with an entry in whats to do while awaiting judgement.....
253884_1566758482.jpg

Cheers everyone 🍷🥂🍻
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
25 Aug 2019 8:03PM
It'll rot your teeth. Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.