GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Weekly Macro Challenge - ending 8pm Sunday 6 October 2019 - 'Web'

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

29 Sep 2019 10:33PM
Your challenge this week is to get up close and personal with a web of some sort - spider's, cob or if arachnophobic or obsessional with you cobweb brush then any other sort of web you can come up with.

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries whenever you like.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
9. Beware of the pecking end if trying to get a shot of a duck or swan's foot!

Good luck!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2019 9:18PM
Was struggling with this - since I started feeding the birds this summer the quantity of spiders has reduced.
Mrs D is a demon with the duster so none indoors. Even thought about Halloween imitation stuff.

Then, I went into the garage.... Lots.

Then Mrs. D saw the picture and I've a job this weekend. Garage inspection 5pm Saturday SmileTongue
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2019 10:17AM
Got a better one this morning - a bit like a web water fall.

Mrs D insistent I stop playing and get the brush out.
6 Oct 2019 8:57AM
A reminder - less than 12 hours to get your web image uploaded via the web!
6 Oct 2019 6:22PM
Decided to go with a minimalist, low key, mono shot this week.
Saw this spiders web hanging from the struts supporting a 'roof' above the washing up sinks on the campsite we stayed on this week.
Loved the sense of 'going in' that it created.
Hope you like it too. Smile
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
6 Oct 2019 8:00PM
I did consider the slight webbing between fingers but decided it wasn't prominent enough and it would count as a selfie. Smile
6 Oct 2019 8:11PM
OK time is up. Back after moussaka and a glass of red.

Quote:I did consider the slight webbing between fingers but decided it wasn't prominent enough and it would count as a selfie.

I did wonder whether someone might have a go at a finger or toe web - perhaps you could have looked for a volunteer rather than self inflected Smile
6 Oct 2019 8:21PM

Quote:OK time is up. Back after moussaka and a glass of red.

Quote:I did consider the slight webbing between fingers but decided it wasn't prominent enough and it would count as a selfie.

I did wonder whether someone might have a go at a finger or toe web - perhaps you could have looked for a volunteer rather than self inflected Smile

A volunteer was a possibility. I also considered a "Web of intrigue" or "Web of lies". Could have done that Brexit based for either. Grin
6 Oct 2019 9:18PM
Now well fed and wined, it's judgement time. As usual a range of good quality photos. Difficult to choose but in the end the winner is Linda's minimalist fly's eye view of her camping kitchen web. Well done Linda and over to you.
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
6 Oct 2019 9:33PM
Congratulations Linda - and thanks for looking after the kids this week Phil Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
6 Oct 2019 9:53PM
Good one, Linda and thanks for the challenge,Phil.
6 Oct 2019 10:26PM
Ooh. Thanks Phil. I wasn't too sure about that one. Some photos can be a bit Marmite and I thought that was one of them. So that's a really nice surprise.

One or two houses/ garages/ sheds in need of a bit of a clean by the look of it 😉 though to be fair, if I'd been at home I'm sure I'd have found plenty similar myself!

Hope Dave's 5pm garage inspection went tickety boo.

Back in the morning with a new challenge...

7 Oct 2019 2:13AM
Well done Linda and many thanks Phil for this week!! Smile
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2019 11:27AM

Quote:

Hope Dave's 5pm garage inspection went tickety boo.

After a good brush out inspection passed.

Well done Linda and thanks Phil (even if I got a job to do).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.