Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PortraitPro 17 with Background Editing Out Now! EXTRA 10% OFF code EPZRS17

Weekly Macro Challenge - ending Sunday 25 June 2017 - Cryptic

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
18 Jun 2017 9:48PM
Ok, I've consulted the list and this hasn't been around for a while (at least I didn't see it) and it rhymes with last weeks challenge so it has to be an omen.

Let's see your everyday ( or probably in Alison's case not so everyday) objects taken from unusual angles to have us guessing what they are. Don't identify them so we can all have go at being detectives.

The rules:
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries whenever you like
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
and let's be careful out there!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh 6 1.2k United Kingdom
21 Jun 2017 10:47AM
Apologies for absence for the last few weeks. I've been deeply involved in another project (not photo related) that's made it hard to focus (hah!) on anything else. I'll be back in due course...
cattyal Plus
12 8.2k 6 England
24 Jun 2017 10:52PM
bump..................
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 12:24AM
Ha ha - thanks Alison. I thought I'd "bumped" earlier this eve. Just checked and I'd bumped the wrong challenge. Blush
Hope I come to the right venue tomorrow
saltireblue Plus
7 7.3k 33 Norway
25 Jun 2017 2:40PM
Thanks to your wrong bump, I have managed, in the course of one afternoon, to obtain usable images for both the macro and the b&w challenge. This means that for once I don't have the usual last second (in my case 2 day) panic trying to come up with something for the b&w challenge.Smile
cattyal Plus
12 8.2k 6 England
25 Jun 2017 3:09PM
whereas I will be last minute as per usual......................... that said, I am having a selfish stay at home afternoon (ie. no care home visiting) so may get something sorted a bit earlier!
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 4:03PM
OK 4 - not a bad start but, as Dennis Skinner would say "the rest of you need to get your skates on! "
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 4:04PM

Quote:Thanks to your wrong bump, I have managed, in the course of one afternoon, to obtain usable images for both the macro and the b&w challenge. This means that for once I don't have the usual last second (in my case 2 day) panic trying to come up with something for the b&w challenge.Smile

That was, of course, the cunning plan. It wasn't just me being a wally Smile
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 4:11PM

Quote:whereas I will be last minute as per usual......................... that said, I am having a selfish stay at home afternoon (ie. no care home visiting) so may get something sorted a bit earlier!

So you should have plenty of time to dig out that little tool for getting the stardust out of unicorns' hooves or something equally obscure.
saltireblue Plus
7 7.3k 33 Norway
25 Jun 2017 4:31PM

Quote:
That was, of course, the cunning plan. It wasn't just me being a wally Smile

More a Baldrick...Tongue He often had a cunning plan...
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 7:51PM
Getting there. Haven't a scooby what most are . Feel free to give your two penn'orth Smile
AlanJ Plus
4 913 England
25 Jun 2017 8:02PM
Ok times up - just eating so will be back in a bit with decision. In the meantime I'm relying on you all to guess the answers. Blush
SlowSong Plus
9 7.0k 30 England
25 Jun 2017 8:05PM
I have no idea what any of them are except mine. Sad
petebfrance 5 2.5k France
25 Jun 2017 8:22PM

Quote:I have no idea what any of them are except mine. Sad

.....and I know what mine is, so we're getting somewhereGrin
cattyal Plus
12 8.2k 6 England
25 Jun 2017 8:32PM

Quote:So you should have plenty of time to dig out that little tool for getting the stardust out of unicorns' hooves or something equally obscure.

I have to admit that was exactly what I was going to do but thought having such an item was an unfair - I opted for something far more mundane Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.