Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Weekly Macro Challenge - ends 20:00hrs Sun. 11th Aug 2019 - Sticky

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
4 Aug 2019 9:14PM
OK then. The challenge is to excite me, amaze me, astound me, disgust me, or provoke another emotion in me when I see your entry of something which is, delicious, exotic, rare, common-place, disgusting, revolting...or whatever, just as long as it is sticky.
Go on then...what are you all waiting for? Get stuck in!

The Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
9. Get stuck in

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sjr 2 534 England
4 Aug 2019 9:51PM
Let's have a bet on who is the first to post a picture of a stick.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
4 Aug 2019 10:22PM

Quote:The challenge is to excite me, amaze me, astound me, disgust me, or provoke another emotion in me when I see your entry of something which is, delicious, exotic, rare, common-place, disgusting, revolting...or whatever, just as long as it is sticky.
You do know this is the Macro Challenge, don't you? Be prepared to be hugely disappointed, in my case anyway. I've not evoked an emotion in years. Grin
EddieAC 14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2019 10:58PM
I think we may all have to post our entries VIA Airmail to Norway so Malc can personally judge who's is the stickiest!! Tongue
5 Aug 2019 8:55PM

Quote:
Let's have a bet on who is the first to post a picture of a stick.

...Drat.....Sad
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
7 Aug 2019 10:07AM
I have the ideal subject - the tricky bit will be moving it to a location where I can photograph it without getting trapped......
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.3k 1 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2019 10:10AM
I've an idea, and a new Lumix LX15 arriving this afternoon. So hopefully something in before 7pm as I'm being forced to go out for beer tonight TongueGrin
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
7 Aug 2019 10:18AM

Quote:I've an idea, and a new Lumix LX15 arriving this afternoon. So hopefully something in before 7pm as I'm being forced to go out for beer tonight TongueGrin

No rush - you've got until Sunday Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
7 Aug 2019 11:21AM

Quote:I have the ideal subject - the tricky bit will be moving it to a location where I can photograph it without getting trapped......

Intriguing...
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
7 Aug 2019 11:23AM

Quote:I've an idea, and a new Lumix LX15 arriving this afternoon. So hopefully something in before 7pm as I'm being forced to go out for beer tonight TongueGrin

Today is Wednesday, but this is not 'that other weekly challenge', this is the Macro challenge which ends on a Sunday - every week. Never has, does not and never will end on a Wednesday.Wink
However, it sounds like your 'being forced out for a beer' will start on Wednesday and end on Sunday, hence the need to get your entry in before it all starts...Wink
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.3k 1 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2019 3:22PM

Quote:

Today is Wednesday, but this is not 'that other weekly challenge', this is the Macro challenge which ends on a Sunday - every week. Never has, does not and never will end on a Wednesday.Wink
However, it sounds like your 'being forced out for a beer' will start on Wednesday and end on Sunday, hence the need to get your entry in before it all starts...Wink

I'm having one of those days..... Mixed up challenges and I judging the other.
Just going to put my head in a bucket of icy water. BlushWinkGrin

Having said that I've got the sticky one done (couldn't wait for new toy).
I was torn between two titles
1. Honey Honey
2. A spoon full of Honey

Abba won over Mary Poppins - so a sickly title for a sticky picture.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
7 Aug 2019 7:06PM
I haven't even thought about being sticky yet. Sad
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
8 Aug 2019 6:18PM
Now that the sticky problem of the cinematic challenge has been solved, all that remains is the even stickier problem of this challenge.
I was going to make the thread 'sticky' so that it stays at the top of the first page of the forums...
Time to get stuck in, those who haven't yet begun the process of sticking their entry in the appropriate place...
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
10 Aug 2019 9:47AM
As tradition sits deep in this challenge, I am compelled, as it is Saturday, to remind one and all that there is less time to get your entry in than there was before I started typing this...elementary, really, but just sayin', like, innit?
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
10 Aug 2019 2:59PM
I think I might have just eaten some iffy prawns, in which case I may upload an icky pic, rather than a sticky pic. Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.