The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Weekly Macro Challenge - ends 20:00hrs Sun. 12th Jan 2020 - Fruit and Veg and So On

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

petebfrance 8 2.8k France
12 Jan 2020 8:16PM
Initial and irrelevant comments (to buy time while I dither):

Malc and 'mixed nuts' as a description of us - well, what can I say? Hmph. Anyway, thank-you for explaining how wonderfully healthy we nuts are!

Dave - very tasty-looking. Come to think of it, so is a glass of red - just sipping some now.

Andrew Thompson - sprouts are a particular bete noire of mine. Every Christmas as children..need I go on? Mind-you, I could be tempted to try them in a stir fry.

Philstan - ah, blackcurrants. The makings of one of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot's favourite aperetifs, creme de cassis. We have a particularly nice one at the moment.

Chris (alias Slowsong) - Rainbow Swedes. Never heard of them, I have to admit, but cant say I'm a fan of swedes - the vegetable that is. Usually served mushed-up and, well....

Eddie and Veggie Crisps - well, I suppose they are a way of getting vegetables inside one but suspect that they are anything but healthy if potato crisps are anything to go by. Besides, one can't buy cheese and onion flavoured veggie crisps (well, at least I've never seen them).

Cattyal (alias Alison and most importantly, IL) - yes tomatoes are healthy, probably more so than choccy muffins and vodka. However.. anyway, nice red and green contrast, btw.

KrazyKA and a nice, juicy lime! One of my favourite flavours - wonderful with chicken but sadly rather sharp on it's own, nothing like lime-flavoured sweets.

I will be back!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

12 Jan 2020 8:28PM
Back again. After much agonizing and discussion with SWMBO I declare Philstan's Blackcurrents as the lucky winner this week, so over to you Phil for next-weeks instalment and thanks to everyone for making my task so difficult!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.5k 30 England
12 Jan 2020 8:40PM
Gosh, I've never looked inside a blackcurrant. Nice one Phil.
Thanks for the challenge Pete. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 45 Norway
12 Jan 2020 8:43PM
Well done Phil...thank goodness that's over and we can get back to eating normally againTongue
Cheers for the challenge, Pete...
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.7k 1 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2020 8:54PM
Well done Phil and thanks Peter, however I'm already onto my 2nd Scotch
12 Jan 2020 9:03PM
Thanks Peter. I attempteed to make some cassis a couple of years back but nothing like the real thing. We sampled some Herefordshire blackurrant liqueur and sparkling perry recently - very pleasant take on a sort of Kir royale.

Back in due course with a new challenge.

cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
12 Jan 2020 9:13PM
Well done Phil and thanks Peter for the challenge. The tomato has now been consigned to the food waste bin Smile
12 Jan 2020 9:19PM

Quote:Thanks Peter. I attempteed to make some cassis a couple of years back but nothing like the real thing. We sampled some Herefordshire blackurrant liqueur and sparkling perry recently - very pleasant take on a sort of Kir royale.

Back in due course with a new challenge.

Kir is pretty popular around here - mostly with sparkling wine, although I think cider is sometimes preferred here as it's a local product. The cassis we have currently (pun not intended) is Giffard Cassis Impériale (royale, impériale - hmmm); it's rather sweet and has none of the rough edge that some cassis has, so I can just imagine the imaginary Hercule Poirot rather enjoying it.
12 Jan 2020 9:20PM

Quote:Well done Phil and thanks Peter for the challenge. The tomato has now been consigned to the food waste bin Smile

Oh dear. Here am I trying to encourage a healthy life style....Wink
12 Jan 2020 9:25PM

Quote:Well done Phil and thanks Peter, however I'm already onto my 2nd Scotch

It's funny, but here they drink Scotch before dinner as an aperitif - sometimes with stuff like Perrier waterSad
12 Jan 2020 9:27PM

Quote:Well done Phil...thank goodness that's over and we can get back to eating normally againTongue
Cheers for the challenge, Pete...

This health thing seems to be a short-lasting effect all round.....
12 Jan 2020 10:15PM
Nice blackcurrant shot Phil and thanks Pete for the challenge. I shared your sprout feelings, always saw them as a chore, but whilst I wouldn't say I was a convert I do find they get better with age (my age, that is).
saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 45 Norway
13 Jan 2020 7:53AM

Quote:Nice blackcurrant shot Phil and thanks Pete for the challenge. I shared your sprout feelings, always saw them as a chore, but whilst I wouldn't say I was a convert I do find they get better with age (my age, that is).

The same here - stir-fried with bacon and walnuts...yummy!
EddieAC 15 2.6k 2 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2020 5:52PM
Well done to Phil and many thanks to Pete for this week!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.