Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Weekly Macro Challenge - ends 20:00hrs Sun. 20th October - Wet

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
13 Oct 2019 9:44PM
A fairly open theme this week, and one I hope whets your appetites, gets you licking your lips and quenching your photographic thirst.

Any object at all as long as wet or wetness is involved.
Blood, sweat or tears, or any other form soggyness that you can think of.
If not actually wet, then something that represents wet is also within the bounds of what is permissable.

Go do it.

Them there rules for y'all:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
9. There is no rule 9 this week...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

16 Oct 2019 10:38AM
I sent a WET photo 2 days ago. As I cannot see it I wonder if I sent it to the wrong page ???
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2019 11:43AM
At least something in - might try a better one later on.
At the min in too wet to go out Tongue
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
16 Oct 2019 12:07PM

Quote:I sent a WET photo 2 days ago. As I cannot see it I wonder if I sent it to the wrong page ???

I am seeing it, and in the right place.
https://www.ephotozine.com/groups/weekly-macro-challenge-804/photos/dripping-wet--58127167
17 Oct 2019 10:34AM
Thank You saltireblue. I have with your kind help found my 'Snap Shot' WET.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
17 Oct 2019 3:04PM
Still plenty of time to go out and get absolutely soaking wet, as the Weather Girls sang....or what about Wet Wet Wet from the 80s?
Don't be a damp squid and settle for soggy, get soaked!
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.6k 1 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2019 6:57PM
So far I've had MrsD make at least 6 or 7 cups of coffee trying to get a better version of mine.....

If I don't stop I might have a nice image of my nose and some blood BlushTongue
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
17 Oct 2019 7:31PM

Quote:So far I've had MrsD make at least 6 or 7 cups of coffee trying to get a better version of mine.....

Blood is wet, so go for it...Tongue
JawDborn 7 1.2k 1 England
19 Oct 2019 5:49PM

Quote:So far I've had MrsD make at least 6 or 7 cups of coffee trying to get a better version of mine.....

Drop an Alka seltzer in your coffee. More bubbles.😀
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
20 Oct 2019 8:52AM
Sunday has arrived in all its soaking wet glory. It's p***ing down over here. How is it where you are?
Final request for entries to the Ultimate Challenge, you have until 8pm UK time today.

(*** = our)
20 Oct 2019 9:52AM

Quote:
(*** = our)

Hmmm... 🤔
😅😂🤣
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
20 Oct 2019 2:40PM
It rained here a bit but I got quite brave, finally attempting an outdoor macro using the Sirui mini tripod. I must have had the thing for a few years now, guess I've been afraid of getting it dirty because it's a nice, shiny metallic red oneWink. Quite tricky to use......
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
20 Oct 2019 8:00PM
Okeeeey then. Time is up. I'll be back in a bit to let you know whether it was a home win, away win or a draw.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
20 Oct 2019 8:13PM
So, where shall we begin? Let' see...are you all sitting comfortably? Nice fluffy cushion behind you, feet up on the coffee table? Glass of something at hand - OK, I know it's Sunday evening, but I know not all have to go to work tomorrow...well, at least I don't, so ya-booTongue

In the time-honoured tradition of order of uploading, we commence with;

Eric: Soggy in spades, that cloth needs a darned good wringing!
Phil: Autumnal dampness displayed in all it's glory.
Dave: Ah! I can almost smell that dark, rich coffee! It also reminded me of an Aero chocolate bar...
Chris: The artist at work, or the protester painting another for/against Brexit banner?
Pete: A beautifully dreamy one...love that starburst on the drop of water and the dappled effect of the light.
Linda: Love that feathered focus (see what I did there?). Like water off a duck's back being demonstrated here...or maybe a wood pigeon?
Eddie: So glad there's not a flame under that spoon otherwise I would doubt your 'sugar' description.Wink
IL (all hail!): Good job you hadn't cut the grass too short. Getting down to Ledley level here.

Decision coming to a screen near you shortly, I will not be sending any letters for an extension.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
20 Oct 2019 8:27PM
Fortunately for me, I am a jury of one, and do not have the headache of relying on the support of my own rebellious members, members of other parties and escapees from opposition parties. However, it does mean that I can't blame anyone else for making the wrong decision, or being able to say, I wanted to, but I was stopped by those rebels...
What has all this waffle got to do with choosing a winner of the ePz Weekly Macro Challenge, I hear you mutter to yourselves. Nothing at all, is the polite answer, but I am merely trying to delay the inevitable of having to make a decision.
Brexit traits get everywhere, don't they...

So, without further to-do, no points of order allowed, ORDEEEEEEER!! The honourable gentleman WILL be heard!!!!!!

Over the channel and yes, Pete, old bean, despite being lost in France, as Bonnie Tyler sang, you are The Man this week, so over to you, mon ami.

Well done and many thanks to all who entered.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.