Weekly Macro Challenge - ends 20:00hrs Sun. 26th Jan 2020 - lighting

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
19 Jan 2020 8:55PM
So, as I was sat here struggling to come up with an idea for the new challenge, a light went on inside my head, so I thought, there's a good idea! And a challenge that keeps the contestants warm and snug indoors at this weather-wise 'orrible time of the year.

Anything at all connected to lighting - the innards of a light bulb - there are so many varieties these days so shouldn't be a problem, a light switch, light diode...the choice is yours.

Them there rules apply, of course:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.
9. Be enlightened!
10. Don't electrocute yourself!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
23 Jan 2020 10:43AM
Just popped in to remind y'all that the clock is ticking, but there's still loads of time to get your thinking heads on and find a suitable variation on this theme before the Sunday deadline...
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
23 Jan 2020 12:04PM
One of the tubes blew on one of my lights the other day - must remove that and see if it's photogenic. Very annoying as they'e not cheap to replace!
saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
25 Jan 2020 6:43PM
Just 24 hours and some of those minutes to go until the deadline, so get your entries in now.
Remember - you have to be in it to win it!
saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
26 Jan 2020 8:00PM
OK then, lights of my life...time is up, please sit quietly until I return with your examination results...
saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
26 Jan 2020 8:20PM
Me again. Gonna make this a quickish, one post result this evening as I'm in the middle of editing images from a day shooting a local rock band...
I've had a very good look - had a butchers, as we say in the trade - although if that is the photography trade or the meat trade is somewhat difficult to say, really. Who knows, perhaps it is said in other trades as well - why should it be limited to just one or two professions or trades. Speaking of which, what is the real difference between a profession and a trade? Both are equally important to our everyday life, and need both, indeed, I would go as far as to say that traders are more important than professionals, and professional traders are even better... be enlightened.Smile

So, I suppose I had better shut the fcuk up and announce the results, eh? Or what? Shall I waffle some more? Can you stand it? No, I thought not...by the way fcuk stands for French Connection UK and was an abbreviation used internally by the company...

I find myself enlightened by your efforts and am inspired to choose a winner. Only one, no joint winners as we only have the one baton to hand on, and we are not allowed to break it into two pieces in the case of joint winners.

So the baton of honour goes this week to your friend and mine, that stalwart of Woolworths...Andrew.

In the end it was a very close-run thing between Andrew and A.N. Other and it came down to the toss of a salad in the end, so well done to all entrants and especially Andrew who now has the unenviable task of finding the next challenge...
EddieAC 15 2.6k 2 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2020 8:24PM
Well done Andrew and many thanks to Malc for this challenge!!! One down.....

Happy editing!! Hope you have some POTW quality images in there. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2020 8:27PM
Well done Andrew and thanks Malc.... Would who ever reads the thread last turn the light off on the way out Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 10.2k 50 Norway
26 Jan 2020 8:28PM

Quote:Well done Andrew and thanks Malc.... Would who ever reads the thread last turn the light off on the way out Smile

I see what you did there, Dave...clever.
26 Jan 2020 10:08PM
Good one Andrew - really like the reflections in the glass. Thanks for the challenge Malc and for shining a light on tradeworthy professional waffle Wink
26 Jan 2020 10:44PM
Thanks very much Malc for the challenge and the result, and to everyone for your illuminating comments. I will now sleep on the options for the next challenge and get back with it tomorrow.
cattyal Plus
14 9.0k 6 England
27 Jan 2020 11:11AM
Better late than never - congratulations Andrew and thanks Malc for everyone this week

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.