GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Weekly Macro Challenge - w/e 10th Feb 2019 - 8pm - Pink

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

4 Feb 2019 8:23AM
Having slept on it and drawn a blank on inspiration today Blush I had a re-read of the comments on the last challenge and was inspired by Simon's phone. As yellow has already been done I'm going to go with PINK as this week's theme. Not a colour I usually favour and one I hope the males among us won't find too off-putting or too difficult!!! I'm sure you'll all manage to find something to fit the bill if you route around enough. Or, as Simon demonstrated, some creative editing should suffice if all else fails.

As always, the Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judgeís decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Aidobel 1 19
4 Feb 2019 9:01AM
Should this week's challenge not finish on the 10th of February? I happen to know this as birthday falls upon this day, and I know it to be a Sunday this year. And you call yourself my mother?! Haha Wink
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2019 9:11AM

Quote:Should this week's challenge not finish on the 10th of February? I happen to know this as birthday falls upon this day, and I know it to be a Sunday this year. And you call yourself my mother?! Haha Wink

Ah, but you're assuming Linda isn't finishing the challenge early as a surprise party for you and all your friends may (or may not) have been arranged, perhaps a day trip or other special treat for the birthday girl.
Of course on the other hand Linda might just have typed an incorrect date....
saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
4 Feb 2019 9:29AM
...and she hasn't bothered to inform potentially interested parties as to the time of the challenge's deadline...
One can only presume that it will follow tradition and be 21:00 CET, aka 20:00 in the UK - unless one follows GMT in which case it will be 19:00 GMT.
For north American entrants, the picture is more complicated, as they have Eastern Standard Time, Central Standard Time, Mountain Standard Time, Pacific Standard Time, Alaska Standard Time as well as Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time...

I shall be presumptive and change the date to the 10th, as that is easier than changing Aidobel's birthday to the 9th...
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2019 9:45AM
I wonder if Pink would sign a model release.....
Aidobel 1 19
4 Feb 2019 10:20AM
Hmm you make valid points, for I am to travel stateside this week to celebrate. So I'm doubtful Linda will be throwing a surprise party on the day itself, and I rather expect the latter off your two suggestions are correct, Malc. But that does mean I need to work out exactly what time to submit by. Perhaps I should stick to the original 9th of February!
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2019 12:35PM
Well I hope you have a very happy birthday Isobel and an enjoyable trip to the US, hope its the southern states looking at the weather reports this weekend.
4 Feb 2019 12:55PM
Apologies for the confusion folks. Busy rushing to get to an appointment at work. Blush It should indeed read 10th Feb. And ending 8pm UK time.
I will update this afternoon when I've finished my appointment. Must dash for now though...
4 Feb 2019 5:17PM
Just wanted to extend my thanks to whoever it was that corrected my earlier mistake. Just went to do it but discovered you'd beaten me to it!
I do promise to be more careful next time!!! Blush 😁
saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
4 Feb 2019 6:23PM

Quote:Just wanted to extend my thanks to whoever it was that corrected my earlier mistake. Just went to do it but discovered you'd beaten me to it!
I do promise to be more careful next time!!! Blush 😁

T'was me with my magical Mod powers, Linda, and it was a pleasure to correct you perfectly understandable error, but please do not let this influence your judgement when choosing a winner on Sunday the 10th.WinkWinkWink
4 Feb 2019 8:04PM

Quote:T'was me with my magical Mod powers

....And thatís why I was prevented from suggesting our Malc is in a different zone...knowing he could shut me up with the touch of a butt............

Hello...?.......

saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
5 Feb 2019 7:52AM

Quote:
Quote:T'was me with my magical Mod powers

....And thatís why I was prevented from suggesting our Malc is in a different zone...knowing he could shut me up with the touch of a butt............

Hello...?.......

GrinGrinGrin
8 Feb 2019 9:43PM
Well somebody had to be first...Tongue
I got hooked on this theme...Wink
9 Feb 2019 7:17AM
Ok peeps. It's that glorious time of the week we call the weekend. So now is the ideal time to get those cameras out and start snapping all things pink.

Good to see one entry already. But for the rest of you... Don't be shy or embarrassed Blush . Give it everything you have - try and 'shock' me!
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
9 Feb 2019 1:37PM
Was struggling to find something - then the free sweets after milkshakes arrived.
Had to wrestle them from grandsons fingers. With a promise to return, once pic taken.
One shot before teenage fingers reclaimed the loot........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.