Weekly Macro Challenge - w/e 10th Feb 2019 - 8pm - Pink

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Ok peeps. We're into the final 12 hours. So still plenty of time to find something pink and photographic! Looking forward to perusing your shots this evening. 😊

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
8 9.0k 35 Norway
10 Feb 2019 8:30AM
Managed to find something, so I'm in too.
Many thanks to Kevin for unknowingly lending me the subject - I'll post it back as it's not my size.Wink
10 Feb 2019 11:42AM
Couldn't find anything pink in the wardrobe so went outside.
sjr 1 378 England
10 Feb 2019 12:20PM

Quote:Don't be shy or embarrassed Blush . Give it everything you have - try and 'shock' me!

I can't shock you but can offer you alcohol, again!
Ok. That's time up.
Back soon with a winner...
Well thanks to everyone who entered this week. What a varied selection you gave me. And not a lipstick among them, to my surprise. Smile So, let’s go in the traditional order of entry...

Kevin – Nice shot. But I’m afraid I’m going to have to correct you on your title. The fastening in question is made of two parts – hooks and eyes. The parts you have photographed are actually the eyes. But still a good shot.

Chris – Pink is indeed a very happy colour. And that was a happy and creative way to use a pink highlighter – much better than the use I put them too!

Dave – I can just imagine the scene as your grandson tried to steal them off you whilst you were trying to get your shot in! It did make me chuckle when I read your comment! And as I was laid on my sick bed at the time, that was very much appreciated. I hope he enjoyed the sweets – and you got to savour some peace while he did.

Malc – I applaud you for conducting such a thorough search in pursuit of this week’s challenge. Not convinced about the cited source of your subject matter though!

Phil – Spring is my favourite season of the year. So it’s good to be reminded that it’s just around the corner. Nice bit of light on the leaves.

Simon – I can’t decide which is your worst sin on this one – letting the bottle run dry without replenishing it, or blaming the poor defenceless Mrs sjr for drinking it all when I rather suspect you had a hand in it yourself. Hmmm. Wink

Eddie – Something tells me your an incurable romantic at heart. Nice touch. I hope you’ll be putting them to good use on Thursday.

Alison (IL) – Lovely looking piece of fabric. Lovely colour too – just my shade of pink (a bit more towards the purple end of the spectrum). I hope it’s an item from your wardrobe and something you look fabulous in! Or was it part of the fabric for the sewing project?

Karin – Lovely pink whisk. It makes me want to get in the kitchen and bake a cake! Nice shot. Now, where did I put the icing sugar…..?!

Cherries … Strawberry jam … vanilla …. cheesecake…..

Ooops! Sorry. Back to business….

So the winner this week is…

… drum roll….

Dave. I really like the way the light catches on the wrapper and the depth of field. All the more impressive for knowing the testing conditions under which it seems it was taken. The baton (if not the sweeties) are yours for the week.

Thanks once again to everyone. Until next week....
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2019 9:04PM
Against a great selection....

Thanks Linda - Jo Jos is my favourite breakfast outlet in Seaton.
I never seem to get the sweets though, even when Nick & Adam aren't with us I can't help keeping them for them.
Must be a Granddad thing.

Now for next week - will be back no later than the am tomorrow with a challenge.

10 Feb 2019 9:06PM
Nice one Dave, well done sir...and thanks Linda, I did realise my description error later, but too late to change..!

Now I have to check with the local constabulary whether I have what constitutes a written confession to burglary...Tongue

Oh...they’re closed...Sad

Cheers..!
SlowSong Plus
10 7.9k 30 England
10 Feb 2019 9:36PM
Yum Yum, Dave. Well done.

Thanks for the challenge LInda. Haven't used that highlighter for ages. Smile

Quote:. Haven't used that highlighter for ages. Smile

Wish I could say the same about mine! Sad
EddieAC Plus
14 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2019 9:53PM
Well done Dave and many thanks for this week Linda!! Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 9.0k 35 Norway
10 Feb 2019 9:54PM
Well done, Dave and all the other entrants for a great selection of subjects.
Kevin, Mrs. Salty says you have great taste in frillies😎
10 Feb 2019 10:38PM
Tasty one Dave; thanks for the challenge Linda.
cattyal Plus
13 8.8k 6 England
11 Feb 2019 8:53AM
A belated congratulations Dave and thanks to Linda for running the show this week.

The fabric is black denim which is now a new camera bag Smile
11 Feb 2019 8:49PM

Quote:
Kevin, Mrs. Salty says you have great taste in frillies

So I can add voyeurism to burglary then...Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.