Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Weekly Macro Challenge - w/e Sunday 2nd Dec 2018 - Unwashed in the kitchen

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
2 Dec 2018 9:37PM
Right you are then. Seeing as how the clock is ticking and time is getting on a bit, I will for once use a little-known method - well, it's a method little-known to me, anyway - called brevity, which I understand means KISS, which does not mean as it usually does, Keep It Simple Stupid, but in my case, Keep It Short Smartypants.
So without further ado - as opposed to The Great Bard's Much Ado (which, I am lead to believe, was about nothing) - I shall now proceed with the usual summerising, or summing up if you prefer that method of expression, the thoughts of the Norwegian jury (that's me) on your entries to this week's WMC. For those of you wearing your stupid head, a la Worzel Gummage, that stands for Weekly Macro Challenge.

So, in the usual order, or order of preferance:

Chris: Glad you aren't into reading tea leaves, I don't think there's much to be deciphered from that smear.

Linda: I prefer my chips with salt & vinegar on. Not into fancy stuff like brown sauce, gravy (heaven forbid!!) of blue cheese. Although I will eat copious amounts of blue cheese in a more 'conventional' manner.

Phil: Tuna mayonnaise sandwiches. Hmmm...not really sure what to say here. Don't like either ingredient, but hey, that doesn't make me a heathen, does it? Probably...

Eddie: Scrummy food, I could murder one of those right now, mate. Finger-licking stuff, luvly jubbly.

Mr. Rhodes: No idea why I'm being formal here...anyway, that dogs' dinner probably tastes a lot better than a lot of things I have eaten on the way home from the pub on a Saturday night...

Jack: Great book that by John le Carré. Better to have those stones round your plate than 'passing through' if you get what I mean.Wink

IL: The thought of you with a knife in your hand, albeit only a butter knife, does not convince me that butter wouldn't melt in your mouth...or is that the wrong way round, that I believe butter would melt....oh, never mind...can you tell the difference between Stork and butter? Does Stork melt in your mouth? So many questions...

Karin: Call that unwashed? For a coffee cup that looks dead clean by my standards.Wink

OK...stand by your beds...decision time's a comin'...just have to fill this dirty glass with more of the red stuff...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
2 Dec 2018 9:57PM
Decision time, folks. It came down to a choice between two great images in the end, and I know you're all dying to know who cleaned up, or should that be, washed up, in the end.
The winner of this week's challenge and the holder, for the next seven days, of the golden washing up brush (proudly sponsored by Jordan) is, (cue drum roll)....................

Mr. Rhodes, aka Simon, yeeeeaaahhh! Let's hear it for the man who didn't make a dog's dinner out of a dog's dinner!
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
2 Dec 2018 10:18PM
A suitably yukky winner. Smile
Thanks for the mucky challenge Malc.
sjr 2 490 England
2 Dec 2018 10:44PM
Many thanks Malcolm I have not been called Mr Rhodes since errrm let me think............Wednesday.

A nice way to end what has not been the best of weeks which I may or may not share with you all as a theme for next weeks challenge. So I do have an idea for next week I just need to work out how to title it as most of the obvious ways have been done before.
2 Dec 2018 11:02PM
Well done Simon - definitely not barking up the wrong tree. Thanks for the challenge Malc - must remember to turn the dishwasher on before bed.
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2018 2:28AM
Well done Simon!! You're both a Pal and a Chum for entering a photo with a greater Pedigree than mine!! Wink

Many thanks to Malc for this week and for seemingly putting more effort into the summing up thsn we probably put into the photos. Smile
Lovely shot Simon. Who knew dog meat could be so photogenic?!

Thanks for the challenge Malc - always good to try something you wouldn't in the normal run of things. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.