Save up to £360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8:00pm Sunday 8th December 2019 - Electronic

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

2 Dec 2019 11:05AM

Hello all and welcome to my first, but hopefully not last, subject.

As one who used to knock up his own amplifiers, radios, etc. from secondhand parts, I was always struck by the range of colours and shapes that existed inside otherwise bland boxes. These days, the look and exterior design of the device often seems more important than the function so there is a panoply of shape, colour and texture to be seen without even taking things apart. So this week's challenge is to find the beauty in anything electronic, either from the outside or the inside (preferably non-destructively).

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
2 Dec 2019 3:52PM
Rule 9: In the quest not to lose any participants, please remember to unplug items from the mains before exploring their innards for photographic suitability...
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
2 Dec 2019 4:10PM

Quote:Rule 9: In the quest not to lose any participants, please remember to unplug items from the mains before exploring their innards for photographic suitability...
Thanks, mum.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
2 Dec 2019 4:14PM

Quote:
Quote:Rule 9: In the quest not to lose any participants, please remember to unplug items from the mains before exploring their innards for photographic suitability...
Thanks, mum.

That's alright, son...
2 Dec 2019 6:53PM

Quote:Quote:
Thanks, mum.

That's alright, son...

Would you believe my first draft actually said "Before dismantling a device, make sure it is not plugged in.... and obtain the owner's permission."? But I deleted it because I thought I'd gone on too long already.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 38 Norway
2 Dec 2019 7:37PM

Quote:
Thanks, mum.

That's alright, son...

Would you believe my first draft actually said "Before dismantling a device, make sure it is not plugged in.... and obtain the owner's permission."? But I deleted it because I thought I'd gone on too long already.

We are collectively quite expert at going on in this group, Andrew (can one call you Andy, or just prince...). Some of us have honed our expertise pretty well...
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2019 8:34PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, mum.

That's alright, son...

We are collectively quite expert at going on in this group, Andrew (can one call you Andy, or just prince...). Some of us have honed our expertise pretty well...

Malc, I wouldn't call Andrew "Prince" unless he's well practiced at plugging things in that he shouldn't!! Grin
JawDborn 7 1.2k 1 England
2 Dec 2019 8:37PM

Dead right. It would be a shocking thing to do.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
2 Dec 2019 8:47PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, mum.

That's alright, son...

Malc, I wouldn't call Andrew "Prince" unless he's well practiced at plugging things in that he shouldn't!! Grin

Quite shockingly current.
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2019 9:06PM
Ohm my word, Yes!! Smile
3 Dec 2019 11:36AM

Quote:We are collectively quite expert at going on in this group, Andrew (can one call you Andy, or just prince...). Some of us have honed our expertise pretty well...

Even with the dodgy associations to royalty, I'll stick with Andrew .....

I've always "resisted" having it shortened to Andy.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
3 Dec 2019 1:22PM

Quote:
Quote:We are collectively quite expert at going on in this group, Andrew (can one call you Andy, or just prince...). Some of us have honed our expertise pretty well...

Even with the dodgy associations to royalty, I'll stick with Andrew .....

I've always "resisted" having it shortened to Andy.

We wouldn't want to cause a short circuit - Andrew it is. Smile
8 Dec 2019 6:26PM
Evening all

Just over an hour and a half to go for the Electronic challenge. Looking forward to the decision making process - a first for me in this context anyway.
8 Dec 2019 10:17PM
Hello all

Hard to choose when the quality is so good. I loved the coil against the black background - reminded me of the space station in Kubrick's 2001. Never seen the inside of a tablet & its camera before so that was fascinating, and the clarity of the laptop photo (including the micro-dust) is stunning. But for me the other-worldliness of the little Arduino's red led really stood out, so I'm delighted to announce Phil as the winner.

Thanks all for taking part and I look forward to the next challenge.

8 Dec 2019 10:44PM
Thanks Andrew, pleased you like the red lighting. Will give some thought to a new challenge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.