Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Weekly Macro Challenge ending 8pm Sunday 9th December 2018 ~ Offiziersmesser

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

sjr 1 336 England
3 Dec 2018 7:29AM
OK so this weeks challenge has really been done before I have just dressed it up with a different name.
The Offiziersmesser is just the German name for the Swiss Army Knife.
Your challenge this week is take me a wonderful macro image of one of the many multi tools found within a Swiss army knife simple.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Army_knife

If you are of a nervous disposition you may want to move on to the Rules as I am going to share a small part of my life with you and this may explain a couple of my no shows recently.

So why the swiss army knife I hear you ask? Funny story!
I had 4 or 5 topic ideas all which have been done before eg. pointy things, things that cut, Red, First Aid. Can you see where I'm going with this story.
Believe me there is nothing you can say that has not already been said by my work colleagues who are delighting in taking the urine out of me.
Yes I managed while opening a large box to stick the knife into my calf, so I am currently nursing a very tender leg with stitches. The wound is small but the amount of blood I poured onto the floor of a customers car park and the hospital was amazing, I got the full ambulance experience for the first time in my life 🚑. It was a little scary at first but then and still I am very embarrassed by it all. Just thought I would share with you all and give you a little smile to start your week.

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judgeís decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Please DO NOT stab yourselves.
9. Have fun!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ooh! Sounds painful! Hope you're healing well.

Just for clarity, as someone who doesn't own one of those Blush I'm assuming it's ok to take a shot of any of the tools that
are commonly found on one, even if they're not attached to the aforementioned piece of kit?
sjr 1 336 England
3 Dec 2018 7:50AM

Quote:Ooh! Sounds painful! Hope you're healing well.

Just for clarity, as someone who doesn't own one of those Blush I'm assuming it's ok to take a shot of any of the tools that
are commonly found on one, even if they're not attached to the aforementioned piece of kit?

Doing ok thanks.
Yes just use the items found on the multi tool as a guide it doesnt have to be the swiss army knife itself.
Thank you. In that case I think I have a couple of ideas forming....
EddieAC Plus
14 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2018 9:53AM
How about a single tool that has multi uses? Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
3 Dec 2018 10:09AM

Quote:How about a single tool that has multi uses? Smile

Ah yes, you mean the Irish screwdriver - the one that looks suspiciously like a hammerWink
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
3 Dec 2018 10:16AM

Quote:
Quote:How about a single tool that has multi uses? Smile

Ah yes, you mean the Irish screwdriver - the one that looks suspiciously like a hammerWink

Ooooo! How non-PC! You'll may be barred from returning to the UK. Naughty boy!

Quote:. you mean the Irish screwdriver - the one that looks suspiciously like a hammer.

I do believe I've used one of those in the past. 😂
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
3 Dec 2018 11:51AM
If one feeds chickens on haggis, will they lay Scotch eggs?
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
3 Dec 2018 1:44PM

Quote:If one feeds chickens on haggis, will they lay Scotch eggs?

For that to happen, you would have to let them drink whisky as well.

Quote:

Won't that scramble the eggs?
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
3 Dec 2018 5:03PM

Quote:
Quote:

Won't that scramble the eggs?

Probably, but having drunk the whisky, the hen wouldn't give a toasted fig.
(yes, I just made that up)
3 Dec 2018 8:29PM

Quote:Ah yes, you mean the Irish screwdriver - the one that looks suspiciously like a hammer

I know Iíve said this before....if you canít fix it with a hammer, youíve got an electrical problem..

a) nothing to do with the challenge topic.

b) Oh...you have seen it before...Blush
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
4 Dec 2018 10:37PM

Quote:
Quote:Ah yes, you mean the Irish screwdriver - the one that looks suspiciously like a hammer

I know Iíve said this before....if you canít fix it with a hammer, youíve got an electrical problem..

a) nothing to do with the challenge topic.

b) Oh...you have seen it before...Blush

But you'd smash the eggs.
sjr 1 336 England
7 Dec 2018 9:01AM
I know you all have excellent memory's and don't need reminding that the highlight of your week the 8pm Sunday deadline is just days away but here goes anyway....
BUMP! there I feel better for that
Happy Friday everyone.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.