Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Weekly Macro Challenge ending Sunday 30th December 2018 - A Taste of Christmas

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.


EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
24 Dec 2018 8:58AM
I think I had to pick this one especially as imagination fails me for anything else. Smile

At this time of year we have an excuse to indulge our appetites but what do you look forward to at Christmas. It may be the traditional Christmas dinner or the snacks that are usually left out on the table. Stollen is something I like but I do like Pigs in Blankets and these are something I only usually seem to have on Christmas day.

So what do you enjoy most either on your plate or as a snack?

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sjr 2 490 England
24 Dec 2018 10:56AM
This could be more of a job for the wide angle lens rather than macro seeing as the Wife and the Mother In Law seem to think we are feeding the street.
I shall be sat out of the way with the dogs being grumpy as usual. And a beer. Wink
cattyal Plus
14 8.8k 6 England
24 Dec 2018 11:14AM
i'll buy some humbugs to snap Smile I'm not actually bah humbug but I'm not doing Christmas - Ledley and I are just going to have a couple of days doing what the hell we like which, for me, will be exploring the art of acrylic pouring and for Ledley will mostly involve sleeping Smile
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
24 Dec 2018 11:34AM
We don't have anything special lined up for Christmas foodwise, or anything else really. Curling up with Ledley sounds like a top idea. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
24 Dec 2018 1:19PM

Quote:i'll buy some humbugs to snap Smile I'm not actually bah humbug but I'm not doing Christmas - Ledley and I are just going to have a couple of days doing what the hell we like which, for me, will be exploring the art of acrylic pouring and for Ledley will mostly involve sleeping Smile

I like the sound of the Ledley alternative. Sounds extremely sensible!
Merry Bah Humbug! to you both.
sjr 2 490 England
24 Dec 2018 5:55PM

Quote:i'll buy some humbugs to snap Smile


all ready there.
304970_1545674106.jpg

EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
25 Dec 2018 9:32AM
28689_1545730351.jpg

saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
25 Dec 2018 10:13AM
My entry needs to be in early or there won't be any left to photograph! Simply irresistible...
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
27 Dec 2018 12:45PM
Managed to enter before the subjects were all "disposed of"Wink
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2018 11:40AM
A good piece of Stilton to accompany the Christmas cake or a glass of Port (or both...)
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2018 11:42AM
Into the home straight now. Smile
30 Dec 2018 12:54PM
That's my entry in. Was going to do Christmas pudding but someone else got in first and whilst I could still have entered it I decided to go for something else instead. After all, there are so many delights to choose from at this time of year!!!! Grin

This particular delight can only be enjoyed after a certain time in the evening, of course. So patience very much required. I did have to break the rule to take the shot (so I had some decent light). And of course, I had to sample the product to ensure it was of suitable standard which, it transpires, it was!!! I hope forgiveness prevails. Blush
30 Dec 2018 12:57PM
Just trying to work out what Eddie's festive snowman is up to. At first I thought he was playing cricket (not that I've ever seen a snowman playing cricket before). But the more I look at it, the more he looks supsiciously like he's breaking and entering!!! Or is that just me?! Blush
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
30 Dec 2018 1:31PM

Quote:That's my entry in. Was going to do Christmas pudding but someone else got in first and whilst I could still have entered it I decided to go for something else instead. After all, there are so many delights to choose from at this time of year!!!! Grin

This particular delight can only be enjoyed after a certain time in the evening, of course. So patience very much required. I did have to break the rule to take the shot (so I had some decent light). And of course, I had to sample the product to ensure it was of suitable standard which, it transpires, it was!!! I hope forgiveness prevails. Blush


I bought an orange-flavoured variant of the "only-to-be-eaten-after-a-certain-time-of-day" mints (other brands are available) and as this was the first time with that particular flavour, I had to test eat some before the big day, in order to ensure they were of a good enough quality to serve. Only the wife and myself, but even so, standards are to be maintained...
cattyal Plus
14 8.8k 6 England
30 Dec 2018 1:42PM

Quote:Curling up with Ledley sounds like a top idea. Smile


It worked out very nicely - I made a mess with some acrylic pouring in the afternoon and then gave the kitchen a blitz on boxing day - not that you know that now - it's back to the usual chaos Smile

I'm now turning a table leg into a scratching post which he will doubtless ignore Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.