Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Weekly Macro Challenge ending Sunday 6th January 2019 - TWELVE

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Well, the clock has struck ... 8. Hmmm. 🤔
Anyway, that's time up for you lot and time for me to get busy.

Back in a little while with a result. 🙂

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ok. So having cogitated lovingly over this weeks pics with a glass of something stronger than tea or coffee Blush we have a result. But first, as customary, here are my thoughts on the entries....

What a wonderfully varied set of interpretations we have.

Dave: A wonderful collection of chocolates – lovely to see them, especially having just put all the Christmas decorations away this weekend (house looking very bare again!) Sad Congratulations on managing to get all 12 of them in the shot – sure it wasn’t easy on a macro challenge! I was there putting one imaginary foot forward to volunteer with dispatches. Pity you couldn’t persuade Sue with your original idea – sounds even more enjoyable!

Malc: When I set this challenge I did wonder if anyone else would share my sense of mischief and go with the bakers dozen. Glad to see I wasn’t disappointed. Interestingly, I count 21 Smarties – that’s 12 backwards by my reckoning. Nice one! (intended or otherwise).

Chris: What a colourful collection of paper clips! I’m glad they were multicoloured – if they’d been all the same colour I don’t think I could have checked standards (yes, I counted and can confirm there are indeed 12). Some lovely shade in there. But judging by the dust/fluff I spy on one or two of them, not a resource you use very often?! Wink

Eddie: Well that’s definitely not one I could have predicted! Clever bit of maths going on there (well, kinda) Tongue I’m glad you did this one – it took me on a journey back through time – my first husband was an electrician back in the day when red and black rather than blue and brown were the order of the day! Some nice reflections in there.

Simon: Mmmmmm! I can see you and me were very much on the same wavelength this week. One of the things I hoped would come up. Though I’m very much a ‘white only’ kinda girl and much prefer a New Zealand vintage – but I can forgive that one. Did you notice the ‘bonus’ 12 on the barcode, I wonder? Was that a deliberate crop or a fortuitous accident?…

IL (all hail!): Another clever interpretation that I have to confess took me by surprise (and there was me thinking I had quite a creative mind! Duh! Blush ) Lovely shot with some lovely light and shadows. But I do hope you didn’t have to empty the piggy bank completely for the shot!!!!

Karin: Loved the title of your piece instantly – it made me smile. Though I’m sure Beyonce had something altogether more glamorous in mind! I do hope you’ve been able to hang your curtains back up now! That’s dedication for you! Lovely monochrome shot.

OK. So for a decision...

Well, they were all truly great images. And in all honesty, any one of them would make a worthy winner. Which didn’t make the decision an easy one at all this week. But ultimately, there has to be a decision and a winner to treasure (hmm, hmm) take charge of the baton for a week....

This week, I was taken by a ‘bold’ and fruity number whose composition included not one, but two 12s and some lovely bokeh background detail to one side.
Yes, this week the honours go to Simon.

Bottoms up everyone! Have a good week and I’ll see you all again next weekend (or perhaps Wednesday evening).
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2019 9:11PM
Well done Simon and thanks for setting Linda.
EddieAC Plus
14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2019 9:15PM
Many thanks for this week Linda and well done Simon!! Smile
sjr 2 490 England
6 Jan 2019 9:36PM
Many thanks Linda some great pics in there this week.
I did notice the second 12 but only when I got the pictures on the computer and cropped accordingly.
Next weeks challenge will be slept on and announced tomorrow.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
6 Jan 2019 9:38PM
A double dozen. Nice one. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
6 Jan 2019 9:48PM
Good one Simon and many thanks to Linda for the challenge. My original idea was to have the 12 on a bottle of 12 year old whisky but the one I had was 18yo.
cattyal Plus
14 8.8k 6 England
6 Jan 2019 9:52PM
Congratulations Simon and thanks Linda for keeping everyone in line this week.

My piggy bank survived the raid and has been duly topped up again Smile
6 Jan 2019 10:07PM

Quote: My original idea was to have the 12 on a bottle of 12 year old whisky but the one I had was 18yo.

Ah! All becomes clear! 😄

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.