Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Weekly Macro challenge ending Sunday 6th July at 8:00pm: Food

If you'd like to join this group, either login or register with ePHOTOzine.

Coast 13 1.6k 292 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2014 9:14PM
It has been a long day so apologies as this has possibly been done before and no doubt in the last 6 months. But the macro challenge for the week ahead is Food.

So some close up detail of the texture and construction of food. That may be ingredients, fruit, vegetable, protein or even a close up of Saturday nights curry! Raw or cooked but something edible and close-up.

Good luck.

Regards
Paul

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun
saltireblue Plus
11 12.4k 78 Norway
29 Jun 2014 9:56PM
I'm hungry to win this one!
Andy_Curtis 7 808 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2014 1:58PM
I shall give it a good go!
AndS 9 2.2k United Kingdom
3 Jul 2014 10:02PM
In with some stinking popcorn, so strong that you cant get the smell off your handsSad
5 Jul 2014 10:50PM
Time for a bump...

Come on and get close and focused on your food Grin

21 hours to go.
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
5 Jul 2014 10:56PM
Well done Paul - I was just thinking it was time to bump this!
6 Jul 2014 11:36AM
Another bump as Sunday lunchtime approaches and another opportunity to capture a macro image of some food Grin
6 Jul 2014 12:26PM
Lunchtime? Just finished breakfast......
6 Jul 2014 12:31PM
Breakfast food is totally acceptable as an image entry. Close-up of a Coco Pop or the fine detail in your cornflake, the cell structure breakdown of melting butter on your toast or the relationship between Bacon protein and the crispy cooked rind. It's all a fabulous opportunity to test your creative and technical photographic expertise and to test my judging skills after 8pm tonight with lots of entries.

Come on and give me some food for thought Grin
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
6 Jul 2014 1:02PM
I'm saving one of my lunchtime jam doughnuts to take a pic of later. Unfortunately I will have to bite into it in order to get that nice runny jam visible but I'm sure I'll survive Smile
6 Jul 2014 8:03PM
Well Dinnertime is over so now time for me to digest the entries Grin

Back soon with a Michelin star for the winner Wink
6 Jul 2014 8:18PM
Some great entries. In fact all were brilliant and have left me feeling quite hungry Grin

Hard to separate out a winner but the one that just grabbed me for the detail tonight was tomorrow's tea from Steve. So well done Steve (Oldblokeh) first for beating Sarah to the fridge for the subject Wink and for a great shot too. Question is? Who has to cook tomorrow's tea now? Grin

Over to you for the next challenge.

Thank you to all who entered. A reasonable turnout.

Regards
Paul
AndS 9 2.2k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2014 8:20PM
Well done Steve, as Paul said great detail there. Thanks for hosting this week Paul.Grin
6 Jul 2014 8:22PM
Well done Steve! great entry.

Looking forward to the next challenge! And thanks for hosting Paul. Yummy theme Tongue
oldblokeh 10 1.2k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2014 8:26PM
Gosh, thanks Paul. Truth be known, I actually went up to the supermarket looking for a subject, spotted the fish, and thought they'd make a good Monday meal too. Downside is that I'll be cooking. Sad

Well done everyone, and thanks for hosting, Paul. Back soon with a new challenge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.