Views: 102 (43 Unique) 
Vote 8
Award Shortlist   

Big Ben at night

By dickbulch
Night shot of Big Ben, exposure was about 25 seconds at F11

Tags: Close-up and macro London big ben

Voters: astyag, motorsportpictures, craigyp1 and 5 more


Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Comments


astyag 8 12
9 Dec 2008 9:49PM
Lovely!
Astyag

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Dec 2008 9:56PM
great use of shutter speeds, and like the lighting...
scott
craigyp1 7 1
9 Dec 2008 10:06PM
love the light trails! great picture
Boyd 12 11.2k 11 Wales
9 Dec 2008 11:48PM
It looks over exposed to me. I distinctly remember there being some kind of clock face on the tall building in the distance.

Next time reduce your shutter speed, aperture or ISO setting or all of the above to get a better exposed shot.
Wilmot 7 338 1 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2008 9:28AM

Quote:great use of shutter speeds, and like the lighting...
scott


Agreed.
Steve
10 Dec 2008 10:01PM

Quote:It looks over exposed to me. I distinctly remember there being some kind of clock face on the tall building in the distance.

Next time reduce your shutter speed, aperture or ISO setting or all of the above to get a better exposed shot.




The image was overexposed which is what happens when you expose for this length of time highlights burn out as in the clock face , i looked at the images you have on the site and could not see any long exposures, perhaps you could upload some to give me the inspiration i need from such a talented person as yourself .
tepot 11 4.4k United Kingdom
10 Dec 2008 10:44PM
Yup.....definately over exposed this one!
lobsterboy Plus
12 14.7k 13 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2008 8:31AM

Quote:The image was overexposed which is what happens when you expose for this length of time highlights burn out as in the clock face , i looked at the images you have on the site and could not see any long exposures, perhaps you could upload some to give me the inspiration i need from such a talented person as yourself .


There is really no need for a reaction like this, the purpose of the gallery is for people to provide feedback on images. We really don't want it to be filled with "nice picture" comments but also constructive critiques too.

With regard to the shot itself it looks overexposed to me, in comparison to a well exposed night shot & even a shot from the same location .

Chris
Epz Moderator

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.