Views: 51 (31 Unique) 
Vote 11
Award Shortlist   

Black Jaguar

By Misty56    
The jaguar is the largest and most powerful wild cat in the Western Hemispere.
The jaguar is larger then the leopard.
The jaguar's coat has different colors, but they are usually yellow-brownish with black spots, like leopards.
Some jaguars are even white.
The jaguar's coat on its side and back is spotted with large black rosettes, each consisting of a circle of spots surrounding a central spot. The spots on its head, legs, and underside are solid black. Most people think they are Black, take a close look you will see Brown spots on its body

An adult male jaguar may be four to seven feet long, excluding the long tail. Its tail is about 45 to 75 centimeters long. The jaguar stands about three feet high at the shoulder, and it weighs up to 300 pounds when full grown. The jaguar has heavily muscled forearms and shoulders that add strength for capturing its prey. It has a massive head, and long thick legs. The jaguar's hindlimbs are longer than its forelimbs to improve jumping. Its forepaws are equipped with long, retractile claws to help grab and hold its prey. The jaguar has a rough tongue that is designed for peeling the skin away from the flesh of its prey, and to peel the flesh away from its prey's bones. The jaguar has loose belly skin which allows the animal to be kicked by its prey with little chance of injury.

Tags: Black Cats Wild Jaguar Spot S Fast Captive WHF

Voters: morpheus1955, Kayleigh, rayme330 and 8 more


Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Comments


rayme330 5 17 1 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2012 10:52PM
Excellent image and narrative and after that description I'm going to stay well clear! Grin

Ray

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JuBarney Plus
6 25 3 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2012 8:10PM
A really lovely capture; wondering where you found him?
Ju
Misty56 9 22 1 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2012 8:31PM

Quote:A really lovely capture; wondering where you found him?

Ju

Thank you ju, in my back yard, lol, , Joking he is from WHF
Misty56 9 22 1 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2012 8:31PM

Quote:Excellent image and narrative and after that description I'm going to stay well clear! Grin

thank you Ray, he is a big boy and fiece

ugly Plus
9 9 57 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 7:04AM
A very hard image to get right...
The cats black coat is very hard to get right in camera when it is still..
You gone very well to get image while it is moving and the are not slow....
Even in a cage the pace from one side to the other very quickly...
Very nice mono treatment...
You can see it lepords spots under the coat...
I like it nice work...
If you got the money go back do more it help with lots of other types of photography as you learn so many skills...

Dave
Misty56 9 22 1 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 9:58AM

Quote:A very hard image to get right...
The cats black coat is very hard to get right in camera when it is still..
You gone very well to get image while it is moving and the are not slow....
Even in a cage the pace from one side to the other very quickly...
Very nice mono treatment...
You can see it lepords spots under the coat...
I like it nice work...
If you got the money go back do more it help with lots of other types of photography as you learn so many skills...

Dave



Thank you very much Dave, this really gives people and myself the encourgement they want, Yes I will go back, maybe next year as the photo days are not cheap, still well worth every penny,Wink
AnnChown Plus
7 202 1 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 1:08PM
You've captured his ferociousness very well Elaine!
Ann
Chinga Plus
6 3 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2012 6:49AM
He looks strait at you! How could you keep it steady! Those eyes go right though one's soul...
Very good shot! IB

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.