Views: 138 (61 Unique) 
Vote 31
Award Shortlist   

Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Comments


KarenFB Plus
10 4.7k 167 England
19 Nov 2010 7:49AM
I was hoping to see the other image, to read the critiques and compare the photos. Smile

To me this is a lovely image and one I would be proud to have taken! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Trout_Man 7 1 30 Wales
19 Nov 2010 7:52AM
A very well captured image with good detail and colour Smile Geoff.
Bluke 11 303 1 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 8:10AM
You are a talented young man... wonderful photography....excellent gallery...
Alan_Coles 10 177 11 Wales
19 Nov 2010 8:12AM
Cracking detail & pose.
19 Nov 2010 8:12AM
An excellent capture
fraser 12 631 14 Scotland
19 Nov 2010 8:32AM
It's a beautifully frames image with a good background, detail and exposure, despite the harsh light. I didn't see yesterday's picture so I don't know what the crits were but on this version I'd pull the saturation slider back a little - the blues look a little electric on my monitor.
Fraser
19 Nov 2010 8:40AM
Stunning capture, well done.
pluckyfilly Plus
10 351 33 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 8:43AM
lovely detail and colours with good pose yea I like this one
Ray42 8 3 England
19 Nov 2010 9:03AM
A cracking shot
19 Nov 2010 9:15AM
Beautiful capture Luke

Chris
lianna 6 13 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 11:06AM
A superb shot Luke, love the bright blue in the tail!!! and the pose is perfect Smile x x x
Brian65 7 2 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 11:13AM
Everything about this is great Luke.
Brian
19 Nov 2010 1:23PM

Quote:You are a talented young man... wonderful photography....excellent gallery...

Well Luke I know you personally mate and have to agree with the quoted comment !! Aside from talented,you are also a very polite and well mannered young man also Smile cracking BT mate and still love the BG.
FeatherFriend 8 38 217 England
19 Nov 2010 2:23PM
Hi Luke, not sure what aperture you used here but I think this shot demonstrates perfectly the very minimal dof one gets with a prime lens. Focus is on the eye but as the bird is not square on the beak is just a tad out of the dof range. This is not a criticism in fact a lot of my own shots have the same problem. Apart from that I love the shot which has superb detail and the pose/perch is great.
PS: I like the BG too mate,
Geoff.
LukeParkinson 6 30 3 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 2:34PM

Quote:It's a beautifully frames image with a good background, detail and exposure, despite the harsh light. I didn't see yesterday's picture so I don't know what the crits were but on this version I'd pull the saturation slider back a little - the blues look a little electric on my monitor.


Thank you Fraser, The light caused the feather to shine like that, I actually did pull the satuation down but the problem was the green and yellow looked rather dull. Thank you for your comment
LukeParkinson 6 30 3 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 2:36PM

Quote:Quote:You are a talented young man... wonderful photography....excellent gallery...

Well Luke I know you personally mate and have to agree with the quoted comment !! Aside from talented,you are also a very polite and well mannered young man also cracking BT mate and still love the BG.



Thank you Dean, I've gone all red faced Smile

Thans again
LukeParkinson 6 30 3 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 2:40PM

Quote:Hi Luke, not sure what aperture you used here but I think this shot demonstrates perfectly the very minimal dof one gets with a prime lens. Focus is on the eye but as the bird is not square on the beak is just a tad out of the dof range. This is not a criticism in fact a lot of my own shots have the same problem. Apart from that I love the shot which has superb detail and the pose/perch is great.
PS: I like the BG too mate.



Thank you Geoff, I had my aperture on F5.6 trying to blur out the background, in which I succeded. But will have to think again on this occasion, but I really liked the pose ad colours on it.
FeatherFriend 8 38 217 England
19 Nov 2010 3:34PM

Quote:Thank you Geoff, I had my aperture on F5.6 trying to blur out the background, in which I succeded. But will have to think again on this occasion, but I really liked the pose ad colours on it


Hi Luke, I try to get f/8 with the 500mm if the light will allow a fast enough shutter speed and even that can throw bits oof unless the bird is pretty well square on. Looking at the BG I would say you could still use a larger dof and still retain your lovely BG. Thanks for your responce, nice to chat about things like this,
Geoff.
alianar 7 82 2 England
19 Nov 2010 5:09PM
very nice!
Lillian Plus
7 22 17 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2010 5:29PM
You are a wonderful photography Luke, beautifully captured
Lillianso willing to learn, as has been stated, and I could never reach the quality of your images of birds ..ever!
MrsS 10 4.5k 18 England
21 Nov 2010 5:03PM
Love the pose! Smile

Fran x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.