Views 70 Unique 42
Vote 28
Award Shortlist   


By LotaLota
The Blusher (Amanita rubescens) is edible. Readily recognizable by its pinkish color on the bottom of the stem, it is avoided by novice mushroomers as it can be confused with deadly poisonous species. The flavour of the uncooked flesh is mild, but has a faint acrid aftertaste. The smell is not strong. The mushroom is often attacked by insects.

Tags: Summer Fungi Nature Autumn Dangerous Background White Beautiful Forest Plant Edible Grass Natural Closeup Mushroom Cap Toxic Moss Grow Lithuania Brown Poisonous Amanita Blusher Rubescens Biology Wildlife and nature mushrooming eatable

Voters: debu, SauliusR, Kabrielle and 25 more

Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!


9 Oct 2018 1:06PM
Wonderful shape in this fungi. Top capture. well done Lota.
10 Oct 2018 6:16PM
Stunning close upSmile
11 Oct 2018 6:23AM
Great mushroom macro, fab derail.

Chinga Plus
10 3 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2018 3:24PM
Lovely mushroom and a visitor!
Isabel GrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.