Back Versions (3)
Modifications (6)
Views: 105 (43 Unique) 
Vote 28
Award Shortlist   

Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Win prizes, kudos, recognition! Enter AOP prestigious Photography Awards before 7 August

Comments


ColleenA Plus
4 317 3 Australia
13 Jun 2013 1:03PM
Very pretty capture Tish, I love your shallow dof...v1 for me

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lonely_oryx 8 61 54 England
13 Jun 2013 1:10PM
V1 for me. Good DOF but I would clone out the white spot, centre right, it takes the eye
Tish1 Plus
3 16 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 1:13PM

Quote:V1 for me. Good DOF but I would clone out the white spot, centre right, it takes the eye


If only I knew how Grin It is hard enough for me to get a decent image, editing is a skill too far for me, certainly at the momentGrinGrinGrinBlush

Tish
gwynn56 4 87 England
13 Jun 2013 1:22PM
nice set of images Smile
Hermanus 4 4 South Africa
13 Jun 2013 1:25PM
This flower definitely belongs to the shark family Tish Smile beautiful and dangerous !!
boov Plus
3 2 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 1:29PM
Lovely shot.. Fringed Tulip possibly Blue Heron?...Your title takes me back to my schooldays John Wyndham classic (the only book I've read cover to cover, poor that) .. where did all that come from...yes your lovely shot
13 Jun 2013 1:45PM
Nice set of images. V1 for me.
Effrossini
13 Jun 2013 1:47PM
V2 is a winner for me...
and would prefer a slightly deeper shade of purple for the backing
But thats just a me thingy
13 Jun 2013 1:50PM
Try and avoid taking pictures when the sun is shining........a slightly overcast day is better, white cloud is good, do you own a tripod............they a pain but they do help with steadiness.............GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
johnlw 9 1 10 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 2:49PM
Hi Trishaws like Triffid V1&2 Best.
john.
banehawi Plus
12 1.4k 3465 Canada
13 Jun 2013 3:38PM
Hi Tish.

If this is a standard 50mm lens, you cant have macro shots, as it wont get close enough to the plant to focus closely. But its a good general purpose lens.

I want to show, through 2 mods, 2 things that are useful to know, using your V1.


First, the single flower best suits a square, close crop. If a macro lens was used, the full frame image would look similar to this crop, as you can fill the frame completely with the flower.

Second, the use of a border that is the same tone as the flower doesnt ever work well. Compare mod1 and mod2. The same colour "hides" the flower, while the off white shows it off.


The flower has been sharpened, and exposure adjusted.

Good work still, so hope this helps.Put it in your bag of tricks.



regards


Willie
13 Jun 2013 4:07PM
A nice set of images, Tish!
Willie has made some good suggestions.

Richard
ali63 Plus
4 739 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 4:28PM
Great images,

Ali
morpheus1955 9 3 2 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 4:57PM
Lovely set of images Tish, very well done, fabulous colours

Hugh
Tish1 Plus
3 16 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 6:20PM

Quote:Hi Tish.

If this is a standard 50mm lens, you cant have macro shots, as it wont get close enough to the plant to focus closely. But its a good general purpose lens.

I want to show, through 2 mods, 2 things that are useful to know, using your V1.


First, the single flower best suits a square, close crop. If a macro lens was used, the full frame image would look similar to this crop, as you can fill the frame completely with the flower.

Second, the use of a border that is the same tone as the flower doesnt ever work well. Compare mod1 and mod2. The same colour "hides" the flower, while the off white shows it off.


The flower has been sharpened, and exposure adjusted.

Good work still, so hope this helps.Put it in your bag of tricks.



regards


Willie





Thanks Willie valid points taken in board, and definitely verified with the mods, love the framing, thank you and yes, it is a 50mm lens.

Tish
richmowil Plus
7 310 1 England
13 Jun 2013 7:24PM
Nice set of images!! For me V1 just edges it!!
Caziwinkles 3 3 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 8:57PM
Nice images these Tish - V1 for me! Smile
Regarding the comment above and your response - do you not use ANY software editing program?

Carol
Tish1 Plus
3 16 1 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 10:13PM

Quote:Nice images these Tish - V1 for me! Smile
Regarding the comment above and your response - do you not use ANY software editing program?

Carol



Hi Carol

I do have Corel Paintshop Pro x4 but apart from the very basics I have not had time [and sometimes patience] to get to grips with it. I find it highly frustrating, because there are so many things that I would like to do. When I'm old and grey [that would be tomorrow thenGrin] I should be able to find the time, or at least I would hope to find the time, although my son is pregnant yet again [yes I know, he's very clever and I'm going to be his agentGrin]. At the moment I have very little time because of course I have to work and because I have two heart attacks in the last few months [thought it was severe indigestion........ Hey, I'm an Accountant not a Dr] I am at the hospital more often than not, soon to be injected with radioactive something or other........... So I'm guessing I will be able to see you from her and if I can't see you, then you will certainly be able to see me, especially at night GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Therefore, I am always very grateful when people do mods for me on here.

Tish
Alda Plus
3 70 29 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 1:01AM
This is so pretty - Triffid 1 for me GrinGrin (it's always been one of my favourite movies and books). And I do like the mods as well. Hope you feel better soon, and hope your son's pregnancy goes well TongueWinkGrin
Tish1 Plus
3 16 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 1:14AM

Quote:This is so pretty - Triffid 1 for me GrinGrin (it's always been one of my favourite movies and books). And I do like the mods as well. Hope you feel better soon, and hope your son's pregnancy goes well TongueWinkGrin


Love the mods Alda, thank you!!!

Tish
Alda Plus
3 70 29 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 1:15AM
I've uploaded some mods - they're not better than your image, but I couldn't resist having a play WinkGrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.