Views 57 Unique 35
Vote 24
Award Shortlist   

FOR GOOD FRIDAY

By dimalexa
Wild flowers, dedicated to the importance of this day!
Athens, Chalandri, 13/04/2017.

For me, this photo has also another one great meaning: The love from my sister. As she heard what happened with the burglary of my office and all my camera equipment stolen, two days later she phoned to me (she is not in Athens this time) and told me that was an amount in my bank account for a new camera, to make a new beginning. She is not rich, it was sure difficult for her, but some things are priceless.
So, this is the image Nr 0001 by ....
Thank you very much, Tina!


[File: EOS 700D_0001_B]

Tags: Flowers and plants Magenta Wild flowers Good friday Macro and close up

Voters: PatriciaWilson, Kabrielle, Spkr51 and 21 more


Comments


PatriciaWilson 16 615 58 Greece
14 Apr 2017 4:03AM
What a wonderful gesture, and a fine symbol of what Easter should be about.

Loving and giving, and uniting when there is trouble, and supporting each other.

Not torturing a Jew slowly to death for his religion and politics, and then celebrating it for centuries after instead of being ashamed.

Happy Easter Dimitri XXX

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Spkr51 4 United States
14 Apr 2017 5:36AM
Beautiful image like your loving sister ***** SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
bliba Plus
14 2 Austria
14 Apr 2017 7:00AM
lovely capture .........

thats very nice of her .......

enjoy

have a grerat weekend

oliver
Savvas511 3 158 Cyprus
14 Apr 2017 7:10AM
ΚΑΛΟ ΠΑΣΧΑ Σε σενα και στην Τινα Δημητρη . Grin
να χαιρεσαι την νεα σου μηχανη !!!

🎵🎷🎧Grin🎶Savvas Stavrinos

please take my Award .
Grin
ColleenA Plus
8 452 7 Australia
14 Apr 2017 10:24AM
A new meaning to Good Friday for you, what a wonderful sister you have....( Tina was the nickname my late Dad called me all my life)
14 Apr 2017 10:24AM
a lovely start with the new camera
and best regards and respect to your sister
dimalexa 3 5 Greece
14 Apr 2017 1:56PM

Quote:ΚΑΛΟ ΠΑΣΧΑ Σε σενα και στην Τινα Δημητρη . Grin
να χαιρεσαι την νεα σου μηχανη !!!

🎵🎷🎧Grin🎶Savvas Stavrinos

please take my Award .
Grin


Σ' ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ Σάββα, σου εύχομαι επίσης Καλό Πάσχα και να χαίρεσαι την οικογένεια σου!
Δημήτρης Αλεξανδρόπουλος

Thanks a lot for giving to this photo your User Award, Savvas!
Dimitris
dimalexa 3 5 Greece
14 Apr 2017 2:01PM

Quote:What a wonderful gesture, and a fine symbol of what Easter should be about.

Loving and giving, and uniting when there is trouble, and supporting each other.

Not torturing a Jew slowly to death for his religion and politics, and then celebrating it for centuries after instead of being ashamed.

Happy Easter Dimitri XXX


Thank you very much, Patricia. My wishes for Happy Easter to you and your family!
Dimitris
dimalexa 3 5 Greece
14 Apr 2017 2:04PM

Quote:a lovely start with the new camera
and best regards and respect to your sister


Thank you very much, Leo!
Dimitris
14 Apr 2017 4:43PM
Beautiful Dimitris .
A very happy Easter to you and yours.

JohnSmile
14 Apr 2017 8:44PM
A superb floral image, Dimitris.
Your moving narrative adds great context.
Happy Easter
Fred
dimalexa 3 5 Greece
14 Apr 2017 10:09PM

Quote:A superb floral image, Dimitris.
Your moving narrative adds great context.
Happy Easter
Fred


Thank you very much Fred for your nice words and User Award for the photo above! I wish you a Happy Easter, too, for you and your family!
Dimitris
Rende 13 38 4 Netherlands
16 Apr 2017 2:38PM
I'm so relieved to hear it; what a great sister! Smile
Rende
dimalexa 3 5 Greece
17 Apr 2017 12:50AM

Quote:I'm so relieved to hear it; what a great sister! Smile
Rende


Thank you Rende for your interest, it's true, I was very excited!
I wish to you and your family a Happy Easter!
Dimitris
Chinga Plus
9 3 2 United Kingdom
18 Apr 2017 5:24AM
Hope you had a good Easter ...
A very lovely image presented Dimitris...
Isabel GrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.