Views 325 Unique 125
Vote 109
Award Shortlist   

My old fishing place 2

By Saastad
From the same place as my last photo, but from another angle.
It was very high wather this day, and it was not possible to fish from the rock that i use to do when i was a child.
But i had a fine evening anyway.
Have been on a short trip too Aalesund the last week, so have not been here so much.
But i have tried to take a look here every day.
Thanks a lot for all feedback, on my last photo. Both votes, comments and awards are very welcome!!!

Wish you all a lovely new week!

Arne Smile

Tags: Sunset Landscape Seascape Landscape and travel Refsnes Jeloen Fishingplace

Voters: ColleenA, PhilT2, viscostatic and 106 more

Comments


ColleenA Plus
7 440 6 Australia
21 Oct 2019 9:29AM
That is so beautiful, great photo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

21 Oct 2019 9:37AM
Nice evening setting, and the foreground helps a brilliant composition
21 Oct 2019 9:37AM
Beautiful scene Arne, excellent foreground detail,
Fred.
21 Oct 2019 9:44AM
Wonderful scenic image, Arne.Smile
mrswoolybill Plus
13 1.7k 2097 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 9:52AM
I have a theory that we take different pictures of places that we know and love. Much gentler, more intimate pictures...
bliba Plus
13 2 Austria
21 Oct 2019 10:03AM
both versions are very nice
21 Oct 2019 10:12AM
What a gorgeous setting, Arne. The colour wins for me because of how the evening light plays on the water & the foreground. Superb!!

Angela😄
21 Oct 2019 10:30AM
Both versions work extremely well, Arne, an excellent image.

JohnSmile
21 Oct 2019 10:35AM
Great image Arnie, good balance.
Pete
I’m sitting here with my evening drink .....I think today will be a very long evening enjoying this image and sipping my malt reflecting on the day 🤗
21 Oct 2019 10:41AM
Great capture lovely sky, Dave.
21 Oct 2019 10:41AM
Love them both, Arne.

Mike
21 Oct 2019 11:00AM
A beautiful place and very nicely captured...
21 Oct 2019 11:11AM

Quote:That is so beautiful, great photo


Thank you so much for the beautiful feedback and for the award Colleen!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 11:12AM

Quote:Nice evening setting, and the foreground helps a brilliant composition


Many, many thanks Paul!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:13AM

Quote:Beautiful scene Arne, excellent foreground detail,
Fred.



Thanks a lot for beautiful comment Fred!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:14AM

Quote:Wonderful scenic image, Arne.Smile


Thank you very much for the great feedback Len!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:17AM

Quote:I have a theory that we take different pictures of places that we know and love. Much gentler, more intimate pictures...


I think you have right Moira. Landskape, portrait maybe even a thing. If you love it, you will make it shine Smile
Thanks so much for the fine comment Moira!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:17AM
Beautifully captured Arne Smile
Love the branches framing and leading into the image, towards the fading light Smile

Lory Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:17AM

Quote:both versions are very nice


Thank you very much Oliver!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:19AM

Quote:What a gorgeous setting, Arne. The colour wins for me because of how the evening light plays on the water & the foreground. Superb!!

Angela😄



Thank you so much Angela for both award and always great feedback!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 11:19AM

Quote:Both versions work extremely well, Arne, an excellent image.

JohnSmile



Many, many thanks for beautiful feedback John!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:20AM

Quote:Great image Arnie, good balance.
Pete



Thank you very much Pete!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:28AM

Quote:I’m sitting here with my evening drink .....I think today will be a very long evening enjoying this image and sipping my malt reflecting on the day 🤗


Sounds like you are having a great time Vince! Smile
Thank you so much for the great feedback!
Wish you a great week!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:29AM

Quote:Great capture lovely sky, Dave.


A big thanks to you Dave!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:29AM

Quote:Love them both, Arne.

Mike



Thank you very much Mike!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:30AM

Quote:A beautiful place and very nicely captured...


Thank you so much Somnath!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 11:32AM

Quote:Beautifully captured Arne Smile
Love the branches framing and leading into the image, towards the fading light Smile

Lory Smile



A big thanks to you Lory for both awards and for great feedback, much appreciated!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 11:34AM
A very big THANKS to Debra Dingley for the award!!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
mistere Plus
6 4 3 England
21 Oct 2019 11:36AM
Gorgeous Arne, beautiful scene with wonderful light and colours.
Very nicely photographed.

Dave.
21 Oct 2019 11:36AM
A very big THANKS also to LinH for the award!!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 11:37AM

Quote:Gorgeous Arne, beautiful scene with wonderful light and colours.
Very nicely photographed.

Dave.



Thank you so much Dave for beautiful feedback!!!

Arne Smile
Chinga Plus
9 3 1 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 11:43AM
I go for colour here ... Stunning tones and a great composition Arne.
Isabel GrinGrin
mac Plus
18 3 Scotland
21 Oct 2019 11:51AM
It looks an idyllic place, especially with the low sun giving it the golden glow. Nice tight framing concentrating all the interest on the main elements.
Ian
21 Oct 2019 12:02PM

Quote:I go for colour here ... Stunning tones and a great composition Arne.
Isabel GrinGrin



Thank you very much for kind feedback Isabel!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 12:03PM

Quote:It looks an idyllic place, especially with the low sun giving it the golden glow. Nice tight framing concentrating all the interest on the main elements.
Ian



Many, many thanks for great feedback Ian!!!

Arne Smile
pablophotographer 8 1.3k 353
21 Oct 2019 12:03PM

Quote:I go for colour here ... Stunning tones and a great composition Arne.
Isabel GrinGrin



I very much second that opinion Arne.
Black and white on this is a blasphemy.
pablophotographer
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
21 Oct 2019 12:07PM
Great composition and the lead colour image is superb
21 Oct 2019 12:08PM

Quote:
Quote:I go for colour here ... Stunning tones and a great composition Arne.
Isabel GrinGrin



I very much second that opinion Arne.
Black and white on this is a blasphemy.
pablophotographer



Thank you so much for the feedback Pablo!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 12:10PM

Quote:Great composition and the lead colour image is superb


Thanks so much for the feedback Phil!!!

Arne Smile
Toobi_Won 8 77 7 England
21 Oct 2019 12:23PM
Colour this time, Arne for the glow on the water.Wink
Mike
21 Oct 2019 12:34PM
Great shot Arne!
21 Oct 2019 12:58PM
A lovely tranquil scene beautifully captured. Excellent !
David
JuBarney Plus
8 33 4 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 1:12PM
Beautiful light, colours and composition
Ju
Beautiful like the lead
21 Oct 2019 2:42PM
Two excellent images Arne .
Jeff. Smile
21 Oct 2019 2:52PM
Beautiful evening colors ,and a nice place for fishing!
A great capture very well taken , Arne!

Jukka.
21 Oct 2019 3:30PM

Quote:Colour this time, Arne for the glow on the water.Wink
Mike



Thank you very much Mike!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 3:33PM

Quote:Great shot Arne!


Big thanks Les, for both award and great feedback!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 3:34PM

Quote:A lovely tranquil scene beautifully captured. Excellent !
David



Many, many thanks David!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 3:35PM

Quote:Beautiful light, colours and composition
Ju



Thank you so much for beautiful feedback Ju!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 3:37PM

Quote:Beautiful like the lead


Thank you very much for both award and great comment Bill!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 3:38PM

Quote:Two excellent images Arne .
Jeff. Smile



Thank you very much for the feedback Jeff!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 3:39PM

Quote:Beautiful evening colors ,and a nice place for fishing!
A great capture very well taken , Arne!

Jukka.



A big thanks for the award and the great comment Jukka!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
TrevBatWCC Plus
11 13 12 England
21 Oct 2019 3:52PM
A gorgeous scene, Arne, stunning evening light. Has to be in colour! 👍
Trev 😀
21 Oct 2019 4:01PM

Quote:A gorgeous scene, Arne, stunning evening light. Has to be in colour! 👍
Trev 😀



Thank you so much for great feedback and also for the award Trev!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
capto Plus
7 5.9k 13 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 4:08PM
Gorgeous light and composition.Smile
ivor
21 Oct 2019 4:11PM

Quote:Gorgeous light and composition.Smile
ivor



Thank you very much Ivor!!!

Arne Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
21 Oct 2019 4:23PM
Has to be colour because b&w cannot do justice to that sunset.
Hope you had the chance to take some images of Ålesund architecture while you were there! I have been there once, but without a camera...must get back there with one...
21 Oct 2019 4:30PM

Quote:Has to be colour because b&w cannot do justice to that sunset.
Hope you had the chance to take some images of Ålesund architecture while you were there! I have been there once, but without a camera...must get back there with one...



Thank you very much Malc! And yes, i took some pictures up there. Actually on of my favorite cities in Norway. It is so beautiful nature around the city too. You have to visit again Smile

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 4:36PM
the colour original works great for me, Arne
21 Oct 2019 4:38PM

Quote:the colour original works great for me, Arne


A big thanks to you Leo, for great feedback!!!

Arne Smile
davyskid 2 2 Scotland
21 Oct 2019 7:49PM
Wow stunning got to be colour for me Arne SmileSmileSmileSmile
Davy
21 Oct 2019 7:56PM

Quote:Wow stunning got to be colour for me Arne SmileSmileSmileSmile
Davy



Thank you very much for the great feedback Davy!!!

Arne Smile
EMJAYCEE Plus
10 10 10 England
21 Oct 2019 8:18PM
Beautiful seems an understatement.
Joan
21 Oct 2019 8:24PM

Quote:Beautiful seems an understatement.
Joan



Thank you so much for great feedback and also a big thanks for the award Joan!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 8:47PM
Stunning evening light, beautiful Arne..Lin
21 Oct 2019 8:49PM

Quote:Stunning evening light, beautiful Arne..Lin


Thank you so much for the great feedback Lin!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 9:09PM

Quote:Beautiful light, colours and composition
Ju



A very big thanks for the award Ju!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
sparrowhawk Plus
11 277 2 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 9:25PM
stunning
21 Oct 2019 9:29PM

Quote:stunning


Thank you so much for great comment and for the award Steve!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 9:38PM
A big THANKS to Paul Heinrich for the award!!! Much appreciated Paul!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
derekp Plus
8 1 5 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2019 9:44PM
The colour version is a stunner, beautiful colour, excellent composition.


the composition
21 Oct 2019 9:47PM

Quote:The colour version is a stunner, beautiful colour, excellent composition.


the composition



Thank you so much for the beautiful feedback Derek!!!

Arne Smile
21 Oct 2019 10:09PM

Quote:Stunning evening light, beautiful Arne..Lin


Thank you so much for great feedback, and also for the award!!!!
Much appreciated Lin!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
21 Oct 2019 10:11PM
A big THANKS to Philip Turner for the award!!! Much appreciated Philip!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Wonderful composition leading capture for me Arne.
WesternRed.
22 Oct 2019 7:30AM

Quote:Wonderful composition leading capture for me Arne.
WesternRed.



Thank you very much WesternRed!!!

Arne Smile
22 Oct 2019 8:09AM
A big THANKS to Peter Southey for the award!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
22 Oct 2019 10:55AM
A lovely image perfectly captured
22 Oct 2019 3:00PM

Quote:A lovely image perfectly captured


Thank you so much for the lovely feedback Andrew!!!

Arne Smile
Mike_Smith Plus
12 595 1 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2019 8:06PM
Stunning landscape image captured Arne, beautiful colours and great composition
22 Oct 2019 8:38PM

Quote:Stunning landscape image captured Arne, beautiful colours and great composition


Thank you very much for beautiful feedback Mike!!!

Arne Smile
23 Oct 2019 10:26AM
This is superb Arne, wonderful colours, it looks a magical place! Will be back with award as am out of them today. Beautiful image!

Dave
23 Oct 2019 11:23AM
Excellent capture of this beautiful location Arne , wonderful colour
Ian
23 Oct 2019 12:03PM
Smile
Quote:This is superb Arne, wonderful colours, it looks a magical place! Will be back with award as am out of them today. Beautiful image!

Dave



A big thanks to you for the great feedback Dave!!!

Arne Smile
23 Oct 2019 12:04PM

Quote:Excellent capture of this beautiful location Arne , wonderful colour
Ian



Many, many thanks for great comment Ian!!!

Arne Smile
Lovely light on the water Arne, the lead for me.
Carol
23 Oct 2019 3:10PM

Quote:Lovely light on the water Arne, the lead for me.
Carol



Thank you so much for the lovely comment Carol!!!

Arne Smile
23 Oct 2019 4:16PM
Good composition & great sunset image Arne
Fefe Plus
8 33 31 United Kingdom
23 Oct 2019 5:34PM
Colour for me!
Diane
23 Oct 2019 6:12PM

Quote:Good composition & great sunset image Arne


Thank you very much Brian!!!

Arne Smile
23 Oct 2019 6:12PM

Quote:Colour for me!
Diane



Thank you so much Diane!!!

Arne Smile
23 Oct 2019 7:46PM
Superb sunset scene & capture, Arne.
Perfectly presented & lead is my fave.Smile
23 Oct 2019 7:48PM

Quote:Superb sunset scene & capture, Arne.
Perfectly presented & lead is my fave.Smile



Thank you very much for great feedback Fred!!!

Arne Smile
bassan Plus
16 13
23 Oct 2019 9:46PM
I love the way you have used the trees to frame the shot!
23 Oct 2019 9:52PM

Quote:I love the way you have used the trees to frame the shot!


Thank you very much for the fine feedback Sam!!!

Arne Smile
25 Oct 2019 12:46PM
Both images are great but the first is my favourite because of the beautiful colours.

Val
25 Oct 2019 2:03PM

Quote:Both images are great but the first is my favourite because of the beautiful colours.

Val



Thank you so much for the beautiful comment, and also for the award!!!
Much appreciated Val!!!

Arne SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
BobinAus Plus
4 2 10 Australia
7 Nov 2019 8:53PM
This image complements the first picture of your old fishing spot very well Arne. I like the strong presence of the overhanging branches, conveying a sense of seclusion and tranquility. Cheers, Bob
7 Nov 2019 8:55PM

Quote:This image complements the first picture of your old fishing spot very well Arne. I like the strong presence of the overhanging branches, conveying a sense of seclusion and tranquility. Cheers, Bob


Thank you so much Bob! Maybe my favorite from the place Smile

ArneSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.