Back Versions (4)
Modifications (0)
Views 97 Unique 61
Vote 27
Award Shortlist   
Support ePz In 2021 - Buy 'Plus' Membership For Just £15/year

Comments


10 May 2020 8:00AM
My award for your lead image to this excellent set, Colin. Not only humorous but a well thought out composition.
And hey! What a great way to get ahead of everyone else.Wink

Keep up the good work, mate.

JohnSmile
dudler Plus
17 1.4k 1774 England
10 May 2020 8:30AM
V4 brings a smile to my face.

As does the lead: now, just let me put my thinking head on...

Quote:My award for your lead image to this excellent set, Colin. Not only humorous but a well thought out composition.
And hey! What a great way to get ahead of everyone else.Wink

Keep up the good work, mate.

JohnSmile



Thanks John very much for the award, and the nice pun in your second line

Personally I don't do puns. I once tried to win a girl with my great wit and humour.
I fired off ten puns in a row at her, hoping that some might impress her enough to go out with me.

But no pun in ten did.

Colin Smile

Quote:V4 brings a smile to my face.

As does the lead: now, just let me put my thinking head on...



Thanks John

v4 was one of a series I took of the mad people fighting to get a photo of the Mona Lisa
But it's a mystery where nearly all of those photos have gone

For a while I stood in an archway door next to the Mona Lisa, shooting back at the crowd held behind a red rope, all struggling to end up with an average photo of the great painting
I thought why not go down to shop and buy a decent postcard of it?

I was having great fun until the French accented voice of a security guard spoke in my ear "Monsieur, it is not legal to photograph members of the public in France"

So I stopped, but I had already gathered a few goodies.

If i ever find them I'll post them here ... Monsieur!

Colin Smile
viscostatic 14 48 9 United Kingdom
10 May 2020 10:26AM
Each one a well thought out image. Great photography.

Phil.
10 May 2020 10:43AM
Great set, especially the lead for today, Colin. V1 is a stunning portrait capture.
Mike

Quote:Great set, especially the lead for today, Colin. V1 is a stunning portrait capture.
Mike



Many thanks for the award Mike

Colin Smile

dudler Plus
17 1.4k 1774 England
10 May 2020 4:26PM
I 'ave 'eard that about ze photographie in France...

Quite an issue: it's amazing, given the similarities of national character, that we haven't enacted a similar (but much more nit-picking law) along the same lines.

Just saying.
10 May 2020 6:07PM
" ... and the really great thing about this classical thinker is that it comes with four, yes four, interchangeable heads and that's really amazing especially when you consider how expensive philosophers are these days and ... and ... the best thing is we ship it with a free tea towel (just like the one in the illustration) so that if your planet does get blown up you there's no need to panic! Now, as if that wasn't enough ..... blah, blah, blather, blather ....... increasingly hysterical shopping channel presenter in eye poppingly florid shirt bangs on and on and on ... hyperventilates ... head drops off, bounces and is drop kicked by ambitiously sociopathic co-presenter into sequinned pedal bin.

Cracking set Colin love 'em all but the lead and V4 are gems! 👍 😀 🏆
10 May 2020 6:12PM





Thought this might help in providing some cultural context.

Yours Harry Stottle. 🧐

Quote:" ... and the really great thing about this classical thinker is that it comes with four, yes four, interchangeable heads and that's really amazing especially when you consider how expensive philosophers are these days and ... and ... the best thing is we ship it with a free tea towel (just like the one in the illustration) so that if your planet does get blown up you there's no need to panic! Now, as if that wasn't enough ..... blah, blah, blather, blather ....... increasingly hysterical shopping channel presenter in eye poppingly florid shirt bangs on and on and on ... hyperventilates ... head drops off, bounces and is drop kicked by ambitiously sociopathic co-presenter into sequinned pedal bin.

Cracking set Colin love 'em all but the lead and V4 are gems! 👍 😀 🏆



Thanks Graham ... and for the award

Love that song. Takes me back ...

Colin Grin
10 May 2020 6:56PM
Me too Colin ... me too ... 🥺
pamelajean Plus
14 1.5k 2188 United Kingdom
10 May 2020 8:36PM
Pick me!! Pick me!! Pick me!! Pick me!!
Your photo and your hilarious title together deserve my Guest Editor Award.

Quote:Pick me!! Pick me!! Pick me!! Pick me!!
Your photo and your hilarious title together deserve my Guest Editor Award.



Many thanks Pamela
That is much appreciated

Colin Smile
11 May 2020 11:41PM
Have to join in. Love the lead image. excellent observation. for me it's so very "street". V3... appealing photo. V4... again very good. Wondering if cropping out the "real" painting on the lhs (just keeping the cropped face of the oriental man) might even make a stronger alternative (not sure though). Overall very good. makes me want to go out and try to take pictures like this
11 May 2020 11:57PM

Quote:Have to join in. Love the lead image. excellent observation. for me it's so very "street". V3... appealing photo. V4... again very good. Wondering if cropping out the "real" painting on the lhs (just keeping the cropped face of the oriental man) might even make a stronger alternative (not sure though). Overall very good. makes me want to go out and try to take pictures like this


Thanks Koen

For me it was important to have the (blurred) image of the real Mona Lisa in the photo too.

I'm pleased to say that later today I found a few others from this series and plan to post them here tomorrow.

Colin Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.