Pontygwaith takes its name from the bridge here, which is officially known today as Pont-Y-Gwaith (the works bridge). There has been a bridge here since the 1500's, But this bridge was built in 1811 to replace a wooden structure before it. there was an ironworks nearby started in 1583 by Anthony Morley, The Ironwork's Were Destroyed By Oliver Cromwell's Army, Due To The Fact The Owners Of The Ironwork's Were Pro Charles The First.
|Camera:||Canon EOS 1100D |
|Lens:||70.0 - 300.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 110.1 - 471.8 mm) |
|Recording media:||JPEG (digital)|
|Date Taken:||13 Apr 2012 - 11:40 AM|
|Exposure Mode:||Not Defined|
|Flash:||Off, Did not fire|