Views 54 Unique 42
Vote 33
Award Shortlist   
Claim 3 FREE professional prints with Fujifilm

Comments


15 Jun 2020 7:23AM
An eye opener of a set, Colin fantastic images. Your lead takes my award today .
Very well photographed one and all.

JohnSmile
15 Jun 2020 8:11AM

Quote:An eye opener of a set, Colin fantastic images. Your lead takes my award today .
Very well photographed one and all.

JohnSmile



Wow! Thank you John ... and another gong ... I'm gonna need a bigger jacket!

Colin Smile
Robert51 13 7 127 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2020 8:40AM
One of the many things I love about Italy are the buildings. The one thing about looking at your wonderful pictures is this was one place we didn't go while we was in the area, but you can only do so much.

Great shots and thank you for sharing...

There is always next time.
Alfie_P 14 927 2 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2020 9:16AM
Wonderful set of images the lead is my favourite ⭐
15 Jun 2020 9:28AM

Quote:One of the many things I love about Italy are the buildings. The one thing about looking at your wonderful pictures is this was one place we didn't go while we was in the area, but you can only do so much.

Great shots and thank you for sharing...

There is always next time.



Thanks Robert

Siena was like a slight step back in time. (We did Florence, Siena and Venice in a week as an anniversary celebration)

There is a very tall tower in the square which I decided to climb and take photos from the top.
They wouldn't allow a camera bag, but insisted I put it in a secure locker instead. Seemed strange but I obliged and just took the camera.
I soon realised why ...
I'm quite tall and this was the most claustrophobic staircase I'd ever encountered. I'm not embarrassed to say (or maybe I am?) that I chickened out early in the climb and gave up.
Can't even image how one would deal with meeting someone coming down?!

Made up for it a few days later in Venice when I took the lift to the top of the tower in St Mark's Square
Much more civilised!

Colin Grin
viscostatic 15 50 11 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2020 9:31AM
I haven't been there but my wife keeps insisting I should go. These images confirm this. I particularly like the interior images of the cathedral.

Phil.
15 Jun 2020 9:31AM

Quote:Wonderful set of images the lead is my favourite ⭐


Thanks Alfie

Colin Smile
15 Jun 2020 9:35AM

Quote:I haven't been there but my wife keeps insisting I should go. These images confirm this. I particularly like the interior images of the cathedral.

Phil.



It's well worth a visit Phil

But there again, so is most of Italy Smile

Colin


Daisymaye Plus
13 23 23 Canada
15 Jun 2020 2:17PM
Lovely narrow lanes but bright with light. That would be quite the steep path to walk up.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.